Comments People

November 30, 2004

From the Desk of Dan

To most of the folks that leave comments or send emails

I just wanted to say thanks. It really makes a difference. I’m a pillar to post blogger – work, family, etc. often prevent me from posting a great deal, or being on top of something that’s breaking. And some days I think I wake up serious, some days funny, or maybe not so, but with an attempt, at least! heh

I’m not complaining. I pretty much made a choice not to "be" just one kind of blog. I believe you need to do that to grow a really large audience and I don’t want to sacrifice too much of my "life" for my blog. When I was doing the battle field graphics my visits ran up over 10k some days. But it also meant staying up til three AM bleary eyed looking over maps, creating insert graphics, etc.

I have great admiration for those who build and maintain large blogs. Believe me, as even a small blog, if you don’t blog, it is incredible how much time and energy it requires to put up much of anything at all. That isn’t a complaint. It’s my choice and I’m glad I do it. And I am especially grateful to all who keep coming by, having a look from time to time and, of course, occasionally commenting. Just wanted to let you know.

Thanks. – Dan

Comments:
  1. Rhod says:

Stop whining.

2. Daisy says:

Dan,
    I am somewhat in the same boat. You inspire me. I appreciate you and your great work.

3. chrys says:

It’s a bad experience – but someone has to do it! Why’s Rhod whining?! ;-)

4. Rhod says:

Chrys:
    Just pulling Dan’s leg. He can take it.

5. Kathy says:

Keep up the good work! As my mother would say, “Nothing worth doing is easy” (which would also explain me).

6. wbondarmunw says:

All greetings…
    I yearning that chose the faultless subdivision of it for asking your assuredly , if not, sorry.
    I do not undoubtably many times go to the forums. And my, my inconceivable is what is:
    How do you notion of how sober the tough nut to crack of toll increases, and whether it is practical far-reaching shock,
    the reality that already taking place, namely: Rising subsistence charges has transformed subsistence into an global gin excess ofnmental issue.
    Riots make erupted in Egypt, Haiti and Bangladesh closed soaring subsistence guerdons.
    People fought one another remaining bags of rice in West Africa.
    The causes and the solutions to the stuffs calamity are complex.
    Iif not knotty and you prepare your notion on this, suit come back, I am least interested to listen to your conception.
    See you later!
    P.S. Sorry for my english.