Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and Fox News – Perfect Together?

September 26, 2005

It would seem so.

BILLIONAIRE Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has raised his stake in media giant News Corporation to 5.46 per cent of voting shares and backed the leadership of chairman and chief executive Rupert Murdoch, lifting the company’s shares.

The prince’s new holding of Class B voting shares replaced the three per cent stake in Class A non-voting shares previously held by his investment company, Kingdom, Prince Alwaleed’s office said.

Never heard of him? Sure you did – just see this post at lgf:

“However, at times like this one, we must address some of the issues that led to such a criminal attack. I believe the government of the United States of America should re-examine its policies in the Middle East and adopt a more balanced stance towards the Palestinian cause.” The press release attributed the statement to the prince.

“ ‘Our Palestinian brethren continue to be slaughtered at the hands of Israelis while the world turns the other cheek,’ Prince Alwaleed stressed,” the release read.

The mayor, who had been told of the press release just moments before his daily briefing but after receiving the check, was visibly annoyed by it. “I entirely reject that statement,” he said. “That’s totally contrary to what I said at the United Nations,” he added, referring to his address to the international body last Monday.

And he told Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Alsaud to take his $10 million and shove it …

Seems Murdock preferred the stock bump, instead. It’s only money, folks … and voting shares.

Comments:
  1. juninho says:

You should pound the hell out of this story if no one else will. Rupert Murdoch’s reputation is hands on as to Fox news and Alwaleed will have leverage on
    him because of the conflict within the Murdoch family and the John Malone threat. No one knows where Alwaleed’s money came from in the first place so you have to assume he is a front for the Saudi royal family. Contrast this story with the attack currently being made on Bill Frist for selling stock he inherited from his father; he has never had any personal connection wuth HCA. Who do you think the SEC and the Justice Department should be more worried about?

2. TheAlamo says:

I hear the excuse that we are not pumpling Alaska and Texas because we’re “smart” usign their oil first.
    What good will that do if they buy up the oil in the places we have it?
    I realize that that is not what this is about, but…it could be the harbringer of things to come. In fact if people knew the percentage of ownership in this country by foreigners it would shock them.
    Since foreigners own so much in this country, and seem to ahve a lot of captial to throw around, then possibly this one of the explanations as to why congress does so many things that are detrimental to America. Obviously, they all have off shore accounts, so there is no way to connect the dots, but that is my guess. I always figured a lot of them were bought and paid for, but had slighted the possibility of foreigners having that much influence. Maybe I was wrong.
    It will be interesting to see how Fox differs in the times ahead, but it is my guess that you will not see much. These guys buying up this stock are internationalists and could care less about their own country as well as ours. I don’t think is has near as much to do with politics as it does with money and personal global power.

3. juninho says:

There is game going on between Murdoch and Malone related to the control of the parent of Fox News; a prominent member of the Saudi royal family simply
    cannot be allowed to be a player in the game. The arrogance and stupidity of the Saudis in this matter is appalling. The only rational outcome to the whole mess may be Murdoch being forced to trade assets including Fox News to Malone in return for Malone’s Newscorp stock. Either that or Alwaleed has to
    divest.

4. Cindi in PA says:

ahhhhhhhhhhhhh another episode for Terror Head bin Rolin
    all kidding aside, this is serious. America has been on the selling block for a good number of years. Wonder when Americans will take notice?

5. walid says:

this email address is for sale
    Would like to buy it?

Adress : Remzi Ademi 15/2 Prizren
        Kosovo
        P.S.
        I invite you my guest

7. Adama Sarnor says:

Dear Sir/ Madam;
    I write to ask you for a scholarship to enable me continue my education to college to any part of the world. I am a Liberian and presently living in Liberia.
    Due to the civil war in my country, my father who was helping me in school got killed.Right now I am finding it difficult to go back to school.
    I will be very greatful to you where you help me in this capacity.
    Sincerely yours
    Adama Sarnor

8. ms.shaheen siddiqui says:

Please deliver it immediately to H.H.Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal Alsaud.Confidential, pls ask him to call me on my cell # 00923009220933.Its personal Thank You,
    Shaheen

9. AHMED IDRIS ADEWALE says:

Assalam Alaikum, (This is to Prince Alwaleed bin Talal) Please i would like to seek for your assistance, recently, i got an offer for entry into Medicine in Asian Institute of Medicine, Malaysia, i have received an offer letter from the school. Please MBBS has been a course i have been yearning for as far back as when i was in junior secodary school, then, 2 things became my utmost priorities, memorizing the whole Qur’an and to become a neurosurgeon. In the year 2002, I completed memorizing the whole Qur’an, now am left with my other goal in life. Now i have gained an admission, but i really do need your help to sponsor this my program sir, i wouldnt mind to send you all letters of admission. I am looking forward to seeing your reply, and i pray Allah continues to shower his blessing upon you,eases your own tasks too and makes Jannah your final abode. Thank you so much. Idris(+2348034373699)

10. MARLENE ABDEL-NOUR says:

TO PRINCE BIN TALLAL,
    DESPRATELY,I DO NEED YOUR HELP AND ASSISTANCE.I HAD SEEN WHAT YOU’RE DOING FOR LEBANON AND I COULDN’T EXPRESS MY GRATITUDE ENOUGH.NOW,I’M IN DEEP TURMOIL AND IN NEED OF YOUR HELP.PLEASE COME THROUGH FOR ME;I’LL BE FOR EVER GRATEFUL AND MINDFUL PLUS I’LL PAY YOU BACK EVERY PENNY WITH INTEREST.I’M ON THE VERGE OF BRAKING DOWN AND I NEED HELP ASAP,PLEASE!GOD SENT ME TO THIS PAGE AND I DON’T KNOW HOW BUT,EVERYTHING HAPPENS FOR A REASON;I DO BELIEVE!!!!!!!!
    MY PHONE #IS:951-205-3205 E MAIL:MARLENE88C21@NETSCAPE.NET
    I’LL BE WAITING ANXIOUSLY TO HEAR FROM YOU PLEASE I DO NEED YOUR HELP.
    THANKS,