Prince Alwaleed bin Talal and Fox News – Perfect Together?
BILLIONAIRE Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has raised his stake in media giant News Corporation to 5.46 per cent of voting shares and backed the leadership of chairman and chief executive Rupert Murdoch, lifting the company’s shares.
The prince’s new holding of Class B voting shares replaced the three per cent stake in Class A non-voting shares previously held by his investment company, Kingdom, Prince Alwaleed’s office said.
Never heard of him? Sure you did – just see this post at lgf:
“However, at times like this one, we must address some of the issues that led to such a criminal attack. I believe the government of the United States of America should re-examine its policies in the Middle East and adopt a more balanced stance towards the Palestinian cause.” The press release attributed the statement to the prince.
“ ‘Our Palestinian brethren continue to be slaughtered at the hands of Israelis while the world turns the other cheek,’ Prince Alwaleed stressed,” the release read.
The mayor, who had been told of the press release just moments before his daily briefing but after receiving the check, was visibly annoyed by it. “I entirely reject that statement,” he said. “That’s totally contrary to what I said at the United Nations,” he added, referring to his address to the international body last Monday.
And he told Prince Alwaleed bin Talal bin Abdul Aziz Alsaud to take his $10 million and shove it …
Seems Murdock preferred the stock bump, instead. It’s only money, folks … and voting shares.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch