Paging Glenn Greenwald

February 27, 2007

There’s never a cabana boy around when you need one. Maybe he’s sock puppeting himself on some street corner in Brazil. Greenwald is always going on about the alleged eliminationist rhetoric of the Right. I doubt he’ll be anywhere to be found as regards these pathetic examples of genuine eliminationist rhetoric courtesy of the unhinged Left.

"Cheney’s spokeswoman said he was fine"

Fuck.
By: geoman77 on February 27, 2007 at 08:10am

Geez.

You’d think the Taliban would be grateful to Cheney & Co. for diverting off into Iraq and allowing them to regroup and resurge.

Ingrates!
By: Thalia on February 27, 2007 at 08:10am

Darth sure does manage to spread a litle cheer everywhere he goes.
By: kenlog on February 27, 2007 at 08:13am

Shit!
By: ResistanceisFutile on February 27, 2007 at 08:13am
Flag: [abusive]

So Cheney is personally responsible for the deaths of 14 innocent people…and then he waddles off to lunch!! What a piece of shit!
By: fantanfanny on February 27, 2007 at 08:15am

They missed! Too bad.
By: DinahM on February 27, 2007 at 08:15am

To bad they missed!!!!!!!!!!!!
By: irual on February 27, 2007 at 08:17am

Michelle Malkin has several other examples from DU and elsewhere.

Comments:
  1. Hard Right says:

And then they wonder why people think they aren’t patriots. (Roll eyes)

2. seekeronos says:

“…Maybe he’s sock puppeting himself on some street corner in Brazil.”
    Man, Bob/Carl/Artie/et al. gets around his interwebs, doesn’t he?
    Oh wait, Dan was talking about a *professional* sock puppet. Oops, too bad for you, Bobby-poos.

3. Andrew says:

I thought you heros defeated the Taliban years ago??? What losers…

4. seekeronos says:

As an aside… one has to wonder if the FBI can (and it should) track down these seditious vermin who are plotting America’s downfall and siding with the Taliban.
    I almost have more respect for the Tali’s than I do for the hippie scumbags who cravenly cast thier wicked barbs and curses at our leaders, and scorn the lives of our soldiers who died in the attack.
    At least there is no mistaking the Tali’s and where they stand. With the unhinged liberal hippies, they dishonour themselves and thier families by siding with the enemy.
    Regular Benedict Arnolds these lot are… except Benedict Arnold was a far better man than the lot of them.

5. Zifnab says:

Dan, didn’t you have people on your own boards spouting eliminationist rhetoric?
    “suicide by cop sounds good for him.
    Posted by: splashtc | Monday, February 26, 2007 at 09:22 AM”
    “Knight,the population is flipping fast.Europe will be bloodbath by 2025.
    Posted by: Darth Malice | Sunday, February 25, 2007 at 06:03 PM”
    “God bless Prince Harry Phoenix…..He is training himself for the day he will lead the British Army against the coming Muslim insurgency in Britain…….This world war has just begun.
    Posted by: Darth Malice | Sunday, February 25, 2007 at 10:23 PM”
    “Well, at least when we shoot those damned pesky foreigners, we have the courtesy to pray over them. Ha!
    Sunday, February 25, 2007 at 10:26 PM in Media Bias | Permalink ”
    ~ That last one was you, Dan.
    Sorry, I know there was a whole thread somewhere back there with various threats of gun violence. But I’m too lazy to look it up. I think my point is pretty basic. Glass houses. Getting changed with the lights on. Etc.

6. Andrew says:

“hippie scumbags” – haha, that is the funniest line of all. I can just picture the angry geezer writing that.

7. Legalize says:

What does Greenwald have to do with this? Oh, right. Nothing. And the wingers wonder why they are perceived as having no sense of humor.

8. Alex says:

Zifnab is right, though it can be spread out to a wider point than just HuffPo/DKos/Riehl World: people are crazy. People on the Internet are crazier. And to try and use random comments from random, anonymous, people as some sort of proof of anything is ridiculous.
    As for “eliminationism,” Dan, I do not think that word means what you think it means. Instead of a single person, it’s about a group of people — think the Holocaust. And Greenwald’s complaints — and please, let’s focus on some bloggers, like Dave Neiwert, who actually focus on eliminationism — are about right-wingers with actual power and influence, not random commenters. There’s a big, big difference.

9. Jeff says:

Zifnab, the quotes you took were out of context. Suicide by cop was referring to a guy who kidnapped a thirteen year old kid.
    What you quoted Dan Riehl as saying was obviously satirical, talking about Muslims killing French people in Saudi Arabia… Satire. Like the Colbert Report.
    You can’t say that the lefties wishing Cheney to have been killed are satirical, or joking.
    “They missed! Too bad.” <- This is what you are defending… that’s probably not the right road to go down.

10. Kite says:

Ahhh, the lovable compassionate side of the left. The party that claims that the right is the hatemongers. Never have I seen so much vile commentary from the left. I thought I had seen it all, but apparently I was wrong.
    The difference between the Right and the Left in this matter? The Right knows who the REAL enemy is. Islam. The left is confused and seems to be pointing the gun at their own faces (metaphor for America for you lefty dumb dumbs.)
    You liberals are a sad lot. Truly….a sad lot.

11. Hard Right says:

Wow Zifnab, ONE quote that actually supports what Greenwald said. That sure compares to all the hateful posts by your leftist bretheren.
    Seekeronos, you just described Andrew, Rob, Bob, and Legalize. Then they went ahead and proved you right with their posts.

12. jerk says:

ahem, but i remember a certain someone saying something like this about a former president, while that president was in office:
    Bill Clinton “better watch out if he comes down here
    [to North Carolina]. He’d better have a bodyguard.”
    -stated by Jesse Helms in regards to Clinton’s
    supposede unpopularity with the North Carolina military.
    According to Helms, the military was likely to shoot Clinton if he came to North Carolina.
    hmmm, somehow I don’t remember any right wing outrage about an actual senator threatening the Commander-in-Chief of the time. your faux outrage is as putrid as it is boring.

13. jerk says:

but, Kite, wait- the Commander-in-Chief said we are not at war with Islam. I know you would not contradict the Commander-in-Chief- he commands you! who told you Islam is the enemy?

14. Zifnab says:

Hey now guys. Just because we’ve got commentators on these boards who talk about coming world wars and vigilante justice and we’ve got a blogger who laugh about shooting foreigners, doesn’t mean you need to work yourselves into a lather. I’m sure there’s a big difference between joking about killing a Mexican rapist and joking about a VP who got over 3000 US servicemen killed to fatten his wallet being assassinated. Of course, the difference is that one comment was made by a wingnut and the other was made by a moonbat. And since Jeff and Hard-on are wingnuts, we know what side of the fence their on.
    But its not reason to spit venom or get all defensive. I was merely making a simple observation. Liberals joke about a VP getting killed by terrorists. Conservatives joke about massacring Mexicans and Muslims wholesale. The point is that we’re all joking here. No one on these boards would actually try and slit Vincente Ignacio Beltran-Moreno’s neck with a rusty knife. And no Huffington Post reader would honestly cheer when the VP took a peppering of terrorist buckshot to the face.

15. jerk says:

jesse helms did threaten a C-I-C, an entity that I thought the right took as an infallible Godhead.

16. Zifnab says:

Does that make Jesse Helmes a terror-lamo-facist? Or just a run-of-the-mill traitor? Someone from the right needs to help me out on this one. Why wasn’t Jesse Helmes sent to Gitmo?

17. charles says:

“I’m sure there’s a big difference between joking about killing a Mexican rapist and joking about a VP who got over 3000 US servicemen killed to fatten his wallet being assassinated”
    comedy.fucking.gold
    zin – have you ever had an original thought?

18. jerk says:

I am waiting to hear why a republican senator threatening a sitting C-I-C is/was not a cause for outrage. once i have heard that, then i will hear about why it is such a tragedy that people who intensely dislike dick cheney can’t joke about his narrowly escaping demise. if it is ok for a sitting republican senator to threaten a sitting C-I-C, then I hope that you will all STFU about Cheney. ok?

19. Hard Right says:

Jesse Helms didn’t threaten anyone. He was an ass for shooting his mouth off, but that was no threat. Here’s the straws you loons were grasping at.

20. Hard Right says:

Only you leftist loons would try to say those anti-Cheney posts were joking. Crack is bad, mmmkay?

21. Legalize says:

Just another example of the right trying to stifel free speech.

22. Legalize says:

Edit: “stifle”

23. BobInStamford says:

Personally, I care about Dick Cheney as much as I do about Anna Nicole Smith. China dropping 9%, the Dow off 500 – that I care about. Incidently, didn’t you patriots claim to defeat the Taliban a while back?? Alas, more failures from the Bush administration.

24. Zifnab says:

“As for the HuffPo moonbates etc., don’t be surprised if the FBI is keeping an eye on some of the crazier ones.”
    Your tax dollars at work. Herding jackalopes.

25. Zifnab says:

“Pirate’s Cove
    Don’t ever try to swim against the mighty tide of justice.”
    *snicker*

26. Jeff says:

Crickets.

27. Alex says:

Crickets.”
    I think the general sentiment expressed by the “libs” here is that the people expressing such disappointment is that they’re crazy. Because, you know, there are crazy people on the Internets, on both sides. I think when that sentiment is expressed, the condemnation is implied, but since you’re going to keep whining about this if I don’t say this now:
    Yes. Bad mentally insane people! Bad! Stop doing that!
    Happy?

28. Zifnab says:

“Will any of the libs condemn the people who have expressed disappointment that our VP isn’t dead?”
    They were rather immature.
    There. I said it.

29. BobInStamford says:

Indeed. I hope that the great and compassionate Dick Cheney has many years of enjoying his bastard grandchild. Amen.

30. Alex says:

By the way, Jeff — Ann Coulter recently called for the poisoning of several Supreme Court justices. Planning on condemning that any time soon?

31. Hank88 says:

Brilliant! Random anonymous comments in a blog represent the entire blog and the politicl ideology of the blog. Talk about grasping at straws!

32. BobInStamford says:

I think that the drugs Ann Coulter is taking as part of the sex-change process is making her crazy. She was scratching her balls when she made that statement. btw.

33. charles says:

huffpo closed down comments on the dick cheney thread
    11 pages of comments gone – reduced to a couple of comments? think someone may have been ashamed of the so called elite adults? it,,,, just,,,, disappeared
    nothing to see here folks, move along

34. Legalize says:

Why should anyone here, unless he or she is affiliated with the offending posters, condemn said posters, Jeff?

35. Zifnab says:

Alright, Jeff. I threw you a bone. Time to recipricate.
    Admit that Ann Coulter shouldn’t be suggesting anyone poison Ruth Ginsberg. Come on now. You can do it.

36. jerk says:

hey charles-
    the white house has also apparently removed multitudes of transcripts of cheney’s interviews from its website, where he has made all kinds of inane comments (“last throes” anyone?). any comment on that? he’s the VP. commenters on HuffPo are, largely, just a bunch of anonymous loudmouths.

37. Rob Kaufman says:

Those posts look more like right wing whackos pretending to be liberals, where is your proof that these posts were authentic?

38. charles says:

the”apparently removed multitudes of transcripts” makes it all ok somehow
    apparently=fact, of interviews that are in the public domain – nefarious indeed
    apples,oranges – yeah i get it
    jerk

39. charles says:

bwahahahahahahahha
    go around the leftosphere, them right wing whackos are everywhere
    bwahahahahahahaha

40. templar knight says:

Who even cares? I’ve called liberals every insulting name I could think of, and I might have told one or two that I would beat their ass if they would just meet me somewhere. But I don’t literally mean it, and I agree, commenters wishing the death of someone is probably tasteless and crass, but “hey”, all liberals are tasteless and crass. See, I did it again. Sorry.
    Now, where were we?

41. Zifnab says:

“Who even cares?”
    Excellent question. Dan? You want to field this one?

42. TheSpartan says:

You’re telling me that if someone took shots at Clinton you wouldn’t find the same types of posts over at freepers? Or here for that matter?

43. Hard Right says:

Spartan, you may find a few here but I doubt you’d find many. However, I would be pissed. As pissed if they nailed W? No. I do like W a lot more than Bill, though. I certainly wouldn’t be celebrating his demise. He may be a scumbag, but he’s an ex-American president.

44. Hard Right says:

Let’s see, not a single leftist here condemned what they said about Cheney. BIG surprise.
    Hey Legalize, according to you lefties what they said was “hate speech”. I thought you were against that? Oh, I see. It’s anything a Conservative says that’s hate speech. Typical leftists.

45. Legalize says:

“Hey Legalize, according to you lefties what they said was “hate speech”.”
    Hey, Limp Wrist, I don’t recall ever using the term “hate speech” in any discussion on this site. Find me an example of when I’ve described ANY speech as “hate speech,” or decried its use, liar. In sum, try making up something that you can actually pretend to attribute to me, you little runt.
    “I thought you were against that? Oh, I see. It’s anything a Conservative says that’s hate speech. Typical leftists.”
    Typical child – making up “facts” in order to justify its blathering and cowardly avoidance of substantive issues. Such a little candy-ass.

46. LOL says:

“If you’re forced to rely on random blog commenters to make a point about the prevalence of some form or another of disagreeable behavior, you’ve pretty much made exactly the opposite point.”