Elizabeth Edwards: Cancer No Excuse For Unkind Or Crazy

April 9, 2007

What on earth was Elizabeth Edwards thinking? Not to mention that she looks like a loon. Scratch the sympathy effect for her cancer, the hot air may have just come out of the Edward’s campaign. I guess you can take the root out of the nuts but you can’t take the nuts out of netroots rude.

Since when do presidential candidate’s wives get to use their platform to beat up on the little guy? And the fact that she’s likely sitting safely in a multi-million dollar home with security up the wazoo doesn’t help her case. This is a disgraceful performance and such a lack of character may cause some to wonder just how shameless were the Edwards’s when it came to promoting her cancer for some votes. These are not what you’d expect as the expressed views of a person humbled by a devastating disease. Does she have any regard for others at all? Or only like-minded Liberal drones like the other Kidz from Koz?

RALEIGH –Elizabeth Edwards says she is scared of the "rabid, rabid Republican" who owns property across the street from her Orange County home — and she doesn’t want her kids going near the gun-toting neighbor.

Edwards, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, particularly recalls the time neighbor Monty Johnson brought out a gun while chasing workers investigating a right of way near his property. The Edwards family has yet to meet Johnson in person.

"I wouldn’t be nice to him, anyway," Edwards said in an interview. "I don’t want my kids anywhere near some guy who, when he doesn’t like somebody, the first thing he does is pull a gun out. It scares the business out of me."

But Johnson defended the occasion he brandished a gun, saying those on his land didn’t have the proper approval.

"I use the gun for protection, and I considered that an appropriate time," Johnson said. "Sometimes you have to take drastic measures."

Edwards views Johnson as a "rabid, rabid Republican" who refuses to clean up his "slummy" property just to spite her family, whose lavish 28,000-square-foot estate is nearby on 102 wooded acres.

Johnson, 55, acknowledges his Republican roots. But he takes offense to the suggestion he has purposefully left his property, including an old garage he leases for use as a car shop, in dilapidated condition.

Johnson said he has lived his entire life on the property, which he said his family purchased before the Great Depression. He said he’s spent a lot of money to try and fix up the 42-acre tract.

"I have to budget. I have to live within my means," Johnson said. "I don’t have millions of dollars to fix the place."

Comments:
  1. Victor says:

This guy is no difference that any of the idiot cons who post on here. This is where angry shack-living rednecks come together.

2. charles says:

102 acres and she has to bitch about the guy across the road
    whom she has never met, but is sure she wouldn’t be nice to him anyway
    this woman is no different than any of the idiot lefties who post on here
    afraid of anything they don’t understand, and unwilling to understand anything outside of their myopic world view
    that is some first class first lady material right there folks

3. TheSpartan says:

Look up Carl Drega…

4. tk says:

Victor———I am not angry or shack-living. I live in beautiful Arizona an will be heading to the golf course in a few hours. Great life, great family, great standard of living. I am just conservative in my political views. Why you need to hate everyone you disagree with is a wonder to me. Have a great day, I will.

5. Zifnab says:

“Edwards, the wife of Democratic presidential candidate John Edwards, particularly recalls the time neighbor Monty Johnson brought out a gun while chasing workers investigating a right of way near his property.”

Yuh freak’n keds! Get the fook off mah lawn!
    I hope he knows about Rudy’s pro-gun control policy. Maybe if he actually followed politics rather than just humping the leg of the first man the Limbaugh Letter made its top pick, he’d have a bit more political sense.
    Either way, someone call a Whaaaaaaaa-mbulance. Dan’s got a case of the Republican blues.

6. snapped shot says:

How can I pass up red meat?

I know, I know. We over here in the rightwingnutsoFASCISTosphere are mindless drones, incapable of thinking for ourselves. We run our daily lives off of a canned set of talking points, which we each receive via telegraph from our EVIL MASTER ROVE. Blah

7. Buzzy says:

The difference is that the Edwards have people who carry guns for them while his neighbors have to pack their own heat.
    Try taking an unauthorized stroll around the Edwards property and see if you don’t get a gun pointed in your face, even before he announced for Prez.
    The problem is that people like the Edwards are terribly concerned about their neighbor owning a gun but haven’t even spoken to him while they don’t care about Islamofascists with bombs and can’t wait to chat with them.

8. Victor says:

Right-wing redneck kooks abound down south. Its the only place that Bush isn’t seen as a joke/disgrace. That should tell you something.

9. daveinboca says:

This biyotch is so self-centered and elitist that she really doesn’t know that preaching to a crowd of solipsistic self-absorbed moronic leftists like herself about her own personal bigotries will reverberate out there into the echo chamber of the MSM. She is the polarizing ultra-narcissistic
    mastermind behind hiring Marcotte and the other lesbian religion-hating female as the Edwards blog-webmeisters.
    She sounds like she hates political dissent, guns, religion, and FoxNEWS, as well as other bugaboos of the suburban brie & chardonnay elites. The Edwards appear to be jumped-up trailer-trash with attitude who are going to lead us ignorant capitalists from the error of our ways through landscaping and gun-control. Lotsa luck in South Carolina, where the Breck Girl was born poor before he learned how to con juries into big tort payments.
    This hair-do on steroids and his mentally/physically ill spouse are going to have a bumpy ride if she continues running her mouth and aiming lefter than the leftiest Dem candidates. She’s a class-warfare type with no class.

10. charles says:

“Right-wing redneck kooks abound down south”
    because you live there and know fom personal experience, right?
    or maybe you’re just jumping to an uninformed conclusion
    your ignorance is showing

11. Hard Right says:

So, the Edwards complain to the city because THEY moved next to someone whose property doesn’t look how they think it should. Now thanks to them complaining so much and mansions like their driving up property tax, he has to move. So much for caring about the little guy.
    I also laugh at how she calls him a rabid Republican. He has a Rudy sign up- Hardly a staunch Conservative. It seems anyone who disagrees with her political POV is “the enemy” in her eyes. More of that Leftist tolerance I see.

12. Zifnab says:

“Now thanks to them complaining so much and mansions like their driving up property tax, he has to move. So much for caring about the little guy.”
    Yeah, I bet the guy was brought to tears when his property value doubled. I know if the price of my house skyrocketted over the weekend because my new neighbors were Presidential Candidates, I’d be downright furrious.
    But if my next-door neighbors started waving guns in the street, I’d probably steer clear of the next yard sale too. Fortunately, all my neighbors have a staunch “don’t point guns at each other” policy we adhere to with wreckless vigor. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve stepped outside, waved to the family across the street and not had a 12-gauge leveled at me. Sure, I live down the street from two Houston Rockets and (former) Texan QB David Carr, but the only time I’ve had a high velocity object hurtling towards my head was when I got told to “go long”.
    Why can’t rabid Republicans learn to put down their .45s and go long? I think we’d be living in a happier world.

13. TheSpartan says:

“Right-wing redneck kooks abound down south”
    because you live there and know fom personal experience, right?
    or maybe you’re just jumping to an uninformed conclusion
    your ignorance is showing”
    Well, I don’t know about the original poster Charles, but I have lived in the south and there are plenty of Redneck kooks. Of course you can find redneck kooks in the north too.

14. charles says:

you are too stupid to even describe
    let’s try it in simple english, shall we?
    especially if the property has been owned by the same family since the 30s
    see? simple, correctly spelled understandable words
    but to expect this from one such as yourself is unfounded hope

15. charles says:

thanks spartan
    i’ve lived in nyc my entire life, and you can find EVERY kind of kook here
    some you couldn’t even imagine unless you actually saw them in person
    keeps life entertaining – no extra charge for the floor show

16. Zifnab says:

“I know if the price of my PROPERTY TAXES skyrocketed over the weekend because my new neighbor was a Presidential Candidate, I’d be downright furious.
    especially if the property has been owned by the same family since the 30s”
    Then sell the trailer and move to a nicer park. One with cable TV and indoor plumbing.
    Are you seriously still complaining about John Edwards building a big house? Or are you complaining about the inequity of property taxes? I’m totally at a lose at what exactly you’re bitching about today.
    If your property taxes are too high to pay them, then you’re probably either broke or sitting on a real estate gold mine. Especially if all you are paying is property taxes (what with owning the land since the 30s – I assume you’ve paid off the mortage by now).
    What’s next? “John Edwards made me win the lottery and now my income taxes are ENOURMOUS! Boo hoo!”

17. Phoenix says:

If they knew there was a white-trash gun-toting slum lord republican across the street from the property, why’d they buy it? Most people think ‘location’ before they buy. Maybe the Edwardses’ down-home redneck roots surfaced and ‘made’ them buy the land.
    “I wouldn’t be nice to a person like him anyway…” Proof positive of the noveau riche. You hate what you once were. This older guy has it all over them in terms of class.

18. Phoenix says:

Zif,
    Some people care more about their heritage than they do about money.

19. TheSpartan says:

Are these the same people flying the Confederate Naval Jack?

20. charles says:

zif
    you are an incredibly stupid individual
    maybe the guy is retired and living on a fixed income
    and personally i don’t give a shit what edwards house is like
    it’s just another fine example of the leftist elite fucking with the little guy because he offends their strange sense of self important totalitarianism

21. Dan Riehl says:

what with owning the land since the 30s
    Good going, Ziffy Lube – you betray your marxist roots. A man can own a property for years, likely getting little or no services from the state, but, hey, they can tax it to the high heavens and eventually take it, or force him to sell. Pathetic. We shouldn’t even be paying property taxes (a land tax)but you commies just can’t get enough of that public teat. The government never owned the land, so why should they have a right to tax it? Oh, that’s right, we have to indoctrinate the kids. Great.

22. Tom says:

“We shouldn’t even be paying property taxes (a land tax)but you commies just can’t get enough of that public teat.”
    Uh oh, nutball alert!! Future candidate for a compound in Idaho!

23. Raging_Dave says:

Right. Because having an objection to paying taxes on private property is just so out of line, right Tom? Let’s see here – you buy property with your own money from another private land owner, but you still have to pay the government in order to keep the land, and if you don’t pay the government, they come and TAKE your land. Gee, I guess you don’t see anything wrong with that, do you Tom?
    Keerist, you people just get worse and worse.

24. Tom says:

Another kook. Shouldnt you be in Iraq searching for the WMDs?

25. charles says:

i don’t know tom
    shouldn’t you be in that empty cavern some facetiously refer to as your skull searching for a clue?

26. bloodrage bob says:

“and that HORRIBLE person who lives down the way is just so UNCOUTH and he’s really not one of OUR KIND of people, dear. it’s really a shame that people like us have to be BOTHERED by these uppity REDnecks that ah’ve read live in TRAILERS and breed their awful, noisy CHILDREN at WALmart. that place where we sent the flunky to stand in line for us at christmas? this DREADFUL affair has just given me the VAPORS. ah believe ah feel faint! matilda, fetch me another mint julep! thank you, matilda. WHY can’t those horrible redneck people be more OBEDIENT like you? can’t you DO something about them, john? people like us shouldn’t HAVE to deal with impudent peasantry!!”

27. southdakotaboy says:

How much you want to bet that when the Edwards get their secret service detail this guy starts getting pressured to move even if hes doesn’t want to. The Dems will go to any length to intimidate and pressure those who disagree with them. Just remember that big DNC meeting when the most well recieved suggesttion was to arrest all Republicans and put them in camps.

28. Buzzy says:

With the Democrats it is different when you’re an “elite”. How dare any mere citizen upset Comrade Edwards or his wife. I’m bet they’re laughing their rich asses off that this guy has to move, bet they’ll buy up his property too just to have more buffer room between them and the great unwashed masses they claim to want to lead.
    Yes it is a lot like Stalin’s Soviet Union where the people went hungry or stood in lines for hours for meat and bread while the leaders had protected suites in Moscow and dachas out of town, ate lavish meals then put the people in prison for complaining. Socialism at its finest.

29. bloodrage bob says:

couldn’t help but notice that the holier-than-them-rednecks edwards clan – rich beyond avarice by suing doctors who didn’t do anything wrong – couldn’t help but think they could just solve their “neighbors not the right sort” problem by buying the guy’s land.
    he won’t sell? offer him a whole bunch more than it’s worth. democrats like to help the little guy, remember? but no, like all democrats, they’d rather just complain and try to infringe upon the guy’s rights. especially that “right to privacy” dems tell us is in the constitution. you know: right after the part that says fetuses can be killed; and the 2nd amendment doesn’t say what it says.

30. Victor says:

So the rednecks are descendents of people that came to America 100+ years ago, right? And after all this time they still live in dirty trailers. Meanwhile, immigrants come here, work hard and buy houses (not shacks on wheels). Methinks the rednecks are a bunch of losers. But thats just me.

31. charles says:

victor
    “came to America 100+ years ago, right? And after all this time they still live in dirty trailers”
    see what you can learn from the leftists that post here!
    i’ll bet he learned about that in his liberal arts college

32. bloodrage bob says:

an interesting voyage into stereotyping there, victor. now for the acid test: are you willing to say the *exact same thing* you just wrote of rednecks….about poor black folks?
    cabrini-green was one of chicago’s most notorious housing projects. built by liberals, it of course imprisoned (mostly black) poor people in a nightmarish high-rise hellhole of crime, etc. and yet….there were many instances of (mostly black) families that lived in that pesthole for 3 or 4 *generations*. just like in harlem. and st. louis. and gary. and houston. and atlanta. etc etc etc.
    how about it, mr. judgemental? you gonna step up to the plate and call those (mostly black) folks “a bunch of losers”? or will you just make excuses for them?

33. Victor says:

If you are born white in America and live in a trailer, consider yourself the world’s biggest loser.
    Sorry cons.

34. bloodrage bob says:

couldn’t muster up the nuts to do it, eh, victor? much safer to stick to attacking white folks. holding blacks folks to….well….ANY kind of standard is risky! teacher told you so!
    ok, show of hands: who DIDN’T see that coming?

35. Victor says:

What an angry simpleton. Black people are routinely discriminated against and treated as 2nd class citizens in America.
    However, if you are born white in America you have an advantage that billions around the world do not. Millions do whatever it takes just to get here.
    If you take that advantage and parlay it into lazing around a trailer and watching nascar, then you are a loser of mythic proportions. Again, sorry cons.

36. charles says:

if you are born as dumb as victor in america and get your ass handed to you on a regular basis in the riehl world but continue to post anyway,consider yourself the world’s biggest loser
    ps – i am always interested in antique machinery, do you know where i might be able to purchase one of those 100 year old “trailers”?

37. tally says:

actually victor, the man said his family had been on this particular piece of property for 100 years. most rednecks in the carolinas descend from scotch irish protestants who came in the 1700’s. during the revolution, they fought the british at the battle of the cowpens and king’s mountain. they were the ones who turned the tide of the war. regardless of whether one likes them or not, i’d say we owe a debt of gratitude to them.

38. templar knight says:

Victor is a delusional drug addict. I can think of no other excuse for his stupidity. You say there is no discrimination against whites in America in the same breath you slam poor whites with. You are a new kind of asshole, Vickie boy.

39. Victor says:

100 year old trailer? Typical con – poor reading comprehension skills.

40. charles says:

your words:
    “So the rednecks are descendents of people that came to America 100+ years ago, right? And after all this time they still live in dirty trailers.”
    care to elaborate?
    typical lefty – poor writing skills, did you learn that at your liberal arts college?
    maybe you were socially promoted

41. Victor says:

Yeah, socially promoted. Keep your head in the sand, con. Find some WMDs – and bin Laden too while you’re at it. You guys are pathetic.

42. charles says:

bwahahaha
    typical, blame someone else for your personal failures, and then change the subject
    you lose this one, not very bright are you?

43. Victor says:

Personal failures??? Hahaha, you cons like to think that everyone is a loser like you guys. What tools. Go lose some more wars.

44. charles says:

hmm – just dense or willfully obtuse?
    let me make it easy on you;
    you said:”So the rednecks are descendents of people that came to America 100+ years ago, right? And after all this time they still live in dirty trailers.”
    i said:”wow,thanks for the info – i didn’t know there were “trailers” in america 100 years ago
    see what you can learn from the leftists that post here!”
    then i said:”do you know where i might be able to purchase one of those 100 year old “trailers”?
    then you said:100 year old trailer? Typical con – poor reading comprehension skills.
    whereupon you proceeded to blame your poor writing skills on my lack of reading comprehension,,
    poor writing skills while trying to communicate online can easily and rightly be considered a personal failure
    thus – i said “typical, blame someone else for your personal failures”
    then – when you get caught talking out of your ass, you reply with this
    “you cons like to think that everyone is a loser like you guys. What tools. Go lose some more wars.”
    which only proves what i said previously
    not too bright are you?

45. templar knight says:

Yeah, charles, Vickie got his ass kicked, then declared himself the winner. What a typical sorry excuse for a human this little homo is.

46. Victor says:

You have too much free time. Why not enlist and serve your ‘president’.

47. charles says:

tk, he’s a stellar example
    no sooner do i post this:
    “hmm – just dense or willfully obtuse?”
    then he jumps in at 4:34
    and proves himself to be denser than dense
    i’ll have to lay off, he’s too easy and will weaken my game

48. “I know if the price of my house skyrocketted over the weekend because my new neighbors were Presidential Candidates, I’d be downright furrious.”
    For some people its not always about money. Unless he can cash in that supposed value, all he winds up with is a higher tax bill.

49. daveinboca says:

Some weird leftardo comments, but then lefties are weirdos who care only about money.
    ———–
    “When taunted by a Liberal in Parliament that he was going to die “on the gallows or of a vicious social disease,” Disraeli replied “That depends on whether I embrace your principles or your mistress.”

50. BCMG says:

2 Americas alright. Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhh the irony. Thanks for proving how much you love the underprivelaged, lefties. God, you’re dumb.

51. ConserView says:

If this guy had a sign for the HildeBeast would this nut have called him a “rabid, rabid democrat”? And we’re supposed to feel sorry for this loon? I think not.

52. Ralph says:

Victor
    I grew up on a farm. Moved to the city. A friend once asked me ‘why are all of you country people so patriotic?’. I said ‘because we’re close to the land.’ He didn’t understand. I don’t suppose you will either.
    BTW don’t come back with ‘so why did you move’. That was my choice. If you are really are as open minded as libs claim to be you would seek to understand the above response. But you won’t because you aren’t. It would take too much time an reading.

53. The Sandbox says:

Elizabeth Edwards Vs. “Rabid, Rabid Republican”

Are these real people? Talk about two Americas (emphasis mine):Elizabeth Edwards says she is scared of the rabid, rabid Republican who owns property across the street from her Orange County home — and she doesn’t want her kids going near

54. For a man running on ‘economic populist’ theme, John Edwards is sure making a lot of very, very stupid mistakes. Building a zillion dollar mansion? Check. Trying to get a Playstation 3 with all the trimmings before the unwashed masses for Christmas? Check. Hiring a pair of bloggers who made their names insulting Catholics, the most economically middle class voting demographic in America? Check. Insulting his actual working class neighbors? Check.
    I just can’t wait to see what he’s got up his sleeve next.

55. bloodrage bob says:

there are rumors that edwards still actually owns some slaves. oh, sure, he refers to them as “faithful colored family retainers”, but how does that explain them being in chains? wearing shock collars?

56. snapped shot says:

How can I pass up red meat?