Is There A Theme Here?

February 20, 2009

I'll link these via Memeorandum, letting the reader shop the links. Besides, I already linked one. This isn't just Big Government we're seeing. It's government on steroids and it's raging all over us and the entire private sector, as well.

Will the Obama administration track your driving? Well, they will own the car companies at the rate we're going.

Unions to go door-to-door of member's homes? Whether Obama owns the Unions or they own him is too long an argument to explore just now.

The politically-affiliated group ACORN now breaking into homes to protest business foreclosures.

Cartoons of a political nature in a NY paper for which said paper must apologize?

States prepare to combat Federal stimulus "strings".

A clearly provoked need for a broadcaster to pen an op-ed, Mr. President, keep the airwaves free

Health care industry in talks to re-shape that industry

An Obama administration that doesn't draw from the private Sector, preferring instead, government, or government-related hacks.

Lastly, how can one present, let alone repair a nation's image when so many Americans aren't even certain what the Nation's going to look like when they get done?

Clinton to repair (read change) America's image around the world. Any guesses on what America will look like from without when they get done? Since when has the best nation to live in in the world needed that kind of PR?

Comments:
  1. mark l. says:

maybe not soon, but someday…
    RICO laws will be used to dismantle ACORN.
    I want obama around to watch it happen.

2. Lala says:

There’s a scandal in Acorn, something about former heads running off with millions and no one doing anything about it.

3. templar knight says:

“RICO laws will be used to dismantle ACORN”.
    Uh-huh, and there is a Santa Claus and a tooth fairy, too. ACORN got away with massive voter registation fraud in the last election, and who knows how much voting fraud, yet you think they are somehow going to be held accountable for breaking laws? In your dreams. They are the shock troops of the Democratic Party, and they will soon be breaking up demonstrations against Obama. I’ll put some money on that.

4. mark l. says:

“They are the shock troops of the Democratic Party”
    I see em as tentacles on the squid that is the democrat party.
    It’s funny- I used to believe that 90% of the dems, are being played as useful idiots by their own intelligensia, which is the other 10% of the party. watching the ineptitude of this admin has lead me to conclude that they don’t even know what they are doing. rove alluded to it earlier…these guys don’t have a plan, a clue, or a prayer.
    They are basically squids, with no imagination.

5. templar knight says:

True, but they are going to hurt, maim or kill someone. It’s just a matter of time.

6. mark l. says:

just caught a bit of glen beck-
    they outlined the ramifications of high unemployment and hyperinflation.
    when stephen moore is outlining the scenario for nyc becoming mexico city in regards to kidnappings, it is compelling. moore never struck me as henny penny, but he was pretty bleak today.
    hyperinflation alone, and we are back to the wild west.
    TK-keeping kicking me for downplaying the possiblities, I deserve it.

7. mark l. says:

clarification:
    TK-keep* kicking me for downplaying the possiblities, I deserve it.

8. 13yankeebravo says:

I feel that I have woke up and it is 1933 and I;m not in the US but Germany.

9. templar knight says:

It’s good to downplay them, mark, and you can afford to when you are prepared for the worst, or at least as prepared as you can be. I really don’t know exactly what to expect, but I wouldn’t live in a big city for anybody’s money. It will also be more dangerous in small towns as well.
    We had our 2nd murder of the young year where I live, and we hadn’t had a homocide of any kind since 2004. But mark, upgrade that Marlin. You don’t have to spend a ton of money to be well-protected. A Remington 870 pump shotgun in 12ga with a short barrel is about as good a weapon as you can possibly have for home defense. Put a scope or a red dot sight on the Marlin and you will increase your hit probibilities by 50% as well. You could do all this for less than $500.

10. Lala says:

What they were saying on Glen Beck was prepare for the worst and then you can back off.
    Really, who ever in a million years would have thought that 2 planes would crash into the Twin Towers? I used to be of the mind that Nazi Germany, or Stalinism, or the starvation of the peasants could ever happen again but now I’m not so sure.

11. Anon says:

It can always happen again, the same things have happened over and over throughout human history. This idea that we in the West have had since WWII that genocidal slaughter was a thing of the past and not part of the ‘modern’ world, and never, never part of the ‘first world’ was always a delusion. The veneer of civilization is paper thin, as we’re possibly about to find out.

12. Dion says:

How long before Dear Leader starts calling for his own Chavez-style President for Life referendum? Probably after some form of the “Fairness doctrine” is passed. That, in conjunction with “hate speech” codes being formulated by the Marxists at the UCLA Chicano Studies department, will pave a dissent-free path to totalitarianism. It ought to be really easy since 90% of the media would suck Dear Leader’s toes and will be lothe to report it anyway. It sounds preposterous, but then so did nationalizing banks, industry, and healthcare a couple of months ago.
    The Bill of Rights is doomed, particularly Amendments 1, 2, and 4.
    Now let’s sing some good old fashioned Guthrie paeans to Communism:
    This land is your land, this land is my land
    From California to the New York Islands
    From the Redwood Forest to the Gulf Stream waters
    This land was made for you and me.
    As I went walking that ribbon of highway
    I saw above me that endless skyway
    I saw below me that golden valley
    This land was made for you and me.
    There was a big high wall there that tried to stop me;
    Sign was painted, it said private property;
    But on the back side it didn’t say nothing;
    That side was made for you and me.
    Nobody living can ever stop me,
    As I go walking that freedom highway;
    Nobody living can ever make me turn back
    This land was made for you and me.

13. mark l. says:

tk-I’m ok on close quarters…
    numerous choke points for the house, and yes, I have a mossberg(older model).
    I’m thinking I’m going to bail on the property in a worst case scenario. only in an absolute worst case, though.
    I have faith in my neighborhood to hold it together for a while to give me time to decide and maybe even come together.
    If I had to lay odds, 10-15% chance things fall apart on a grand scale. Two weeks ago, I would have laughed if I heard someone else give me those odds.