Ted Rall: Obama Should Resign

May 30, 2009

Geez, okay, Maddow turned on him over his policy to fight terrorism, but she didn't call for his resignation. Rall actually savages Obama and does.

Ted Rall: It’s increasingly evident that Obama should resign

MIAMI — We expected broken promises. But the gap between the soaring expectations that accompanied Barack Obama’s inauguration and his wretched performance is the broadest such chasm in recent historical memory. This guy makes Bill Clinton look like a paragon of integrity and follow-through.

From health care to torture to the economy to war, Obama has reneged on pledges real and implied. So timid and so owned is he that he trembles in fear of offending, of all things, the government of Turkey. Obama has officially reneged on his campaign promise to acknowledge the Armenian genocide. When a president doesn’t have the nerve to annoy the Turks, why does he bother to show up for work in the morning?

Suits me fine if he stays in bed for about four years.

Obama is cute. He is charming. But there is something rotten inside him. Unlike the Republicans who backed George W. Bush, I won’t follow a terrible leader just because I voted for him. Obama has revealed himself. He is a monster, and he should remove himself from power.

Comments:
  1. davis,br says:

“Unlike the Republicans who backed George W. Bush, I won’t follow a terrible leader just because I voted for him”
    Hmm. Signs of integrity on the Left. Who’d a thunk.
    …is anyone on the Right calling him a **monster** though?

2. davis,br says:

Slightly off-topic …but along the same lines:
    Omigawd. I just read an analysis of the situation in fricking PRAVDA that was insightful …and accurate. (http://english.pravda.ru/opinion/columnists/107459-0/)
    …I can’t believe a word written in the New York Times. And now Pravda speaks truth to power.
    We’re living in Bizarro World.

3. mark l. says:

this guy is a turd. i’d be embarrassed if he were a conservative.
    a funny side note:
    “Rall solicited funds from readers and left-wing bloggers in an attempt to sue Ann Coulter for libel and slander for her (self-described as “joking”) statement that, “Iran is soliciting cartoons on the Holocaust. So far, only Ted Rall, Garry Trudeau, and The New York Times have made submissions.”
    that is some thick skin, for a politcal satirist.
    “mommy, they are making fun of me, and the president is a monster”.

4. davis,br says:

Not. Good:
    Obama administration has frozen Israeli arms sales
    I better get outside and do “stuff” to get my mind off this crap today, or I’m going to have some kind apoplectic seizure …or somethin’.

5. davis,br says:

Oh crap …that link above incorporated the end-paranthesis: backspace it to be able to read the Pravda article

6. Jim Durbin says:

Rall has a lot of particularly loathsome ideas, but I have to admit, I admire the fact that he’s consistent.

7. PA says:

I’d bet Ted Rall gets beaten into a coma during a “random mugging” before Obama “resigns”. I’m just saying…

8. Fat Man says:

“He is a monster, and he should remove himself from power.”
    And Joe Biden becomes President? Surely you jest.

9. WAHOO WILLIE says:

“And Joe Biden becomes President? Surely you jest.”
    OMG!!!!! No. Dammit fat man, do you pull wings off flies and scare lil children too?

10. RDG says:

Ted Rall has no integrity. Sorry. This is the guy who said in a radio interview prior to the US invasion of Afghanistan that they would kick our butt and we should rethink the whole idea. He said they beat the Soviets, who he thought had a better army than ours, and they were going to give us the whipping of a lifetime. Never mind that they were harboring the Moslem murders who did 9/11. This is more gutless Ted Rall. Loudmouth, no integrity, back biter. Significant lefty loser. Show me one lefty with character and courage.

11. Hulahoop Conquistador says:

I have to back davis re: the Pravda article — it was pretty insightful, although there were definitely some things in it that I found objectionable. If Obama’s goal is a much less affulent society irrevocably polarized along identity politics lines and impotent in the face calumnies overseas, well, then bully for him…
    Off-topic–it’s fun to point out to gay marriage advocates (I’m not against gay marriage of it wins legislatively) after they bash the horrible eeeevil conservatives who oppose it that Obama also opposes it. Talk about cog diss — they twist into pretzels rationalizing and go on the attack; I’ve been told I am a hater, need anger management, and am deeply troubled for merely pointing out that Obama shares the G.W. Bush position on gay marriage. It’s funny!

12. Fawning disgust says:

Note to Mr. Rall: There’s no reason for him (or anyone else) in power to follow your ‘suggestions.’ They have bought your vote, it’s over, and now you get to see who really had a handle on reality.

13. jdb says:

Don’t place “Ted Rall” and “integrity” in the same sentence. He’s an unstable, extremist nut. This is one disagreement where we should hope everyone involved loses.

14. Andy Freeman says:

Why are people so scared of Biden becoming president?
    Yes, he’s a corrupt hack, but not having principles is better than having the wrong ones.

15. lala says:

Maybe Biden would be like Truman or Thomas Becket. Strange things can happen.

16. M. Report says:

Obama should resign…and let the Office pass down the line ?
    Don’t think so, sure hope not;
    Let him suffer some On the Job Training, let him come to the truth
    that the Game has changed, from Politics to National Survival, and
    start working on the only way out:
    The U.S. manufacturing economy has to make things our creditors want
    and can afford to buy; If Obama starts _that_ Change, it will give
    our creditors Hope, and perhaps they will give us time to pay off
    our debts, rather than sending the U.S. through bankruptcy.

17. lala says:

I am a pessimist. I believe there is a plan to bring this country down.

18. davis,br says:

…what lala said

19. Vader says:

“And Joe Biden becomes President? Surely you jest.”
    And it gets worse from there. Pelosi? Reid?

20. mojo says:

Hell hath no fury like a bad cartoonist laid off.

21. lala says:

It’s that Mussolini chin that makes me nervous.

22. seekeronos says:

“— I am a pessimist. I believe there is a plan to bring this country down. —”
    It is a satanic, demonic plan, reasoned long ago by those “illumined souls” who were promised great power in this life.
    America shall eventually fall; but if she falls, it is only due to God’s mercy, for He shall reveal His Salvation, when King Jesus comes down to execute His righteous judgment upon the wicked, redeem those who love Him and call upon His name, and establish His kingdom upon the earth.
    God’s plan > those of men and devils.
    Maranatha, Lord Jesus.