Polanski Trial Transcript: Don’t Tell Your Mother About This, It’s Our Secret

September 30, 2009

You can read more of the transcript here via the AP:

Q: What happened then?

A: He goes, 'Come down here.' And I said, 'No. No, I got to get out.' And he goes, 'No, come down here.' And then I said that I had asthma and that I couldn't – I had to get out because of the warm air and the cold air or something like that. And he said, 'Just come down here for a second.' So I finally went down. And then he went – there was a lot of Whirlpool bath jets. He goes, 'Doesn't it feel better down here?' And he was like holding me up because it is almost over my head. And I went, 'Yeah, but I better get out.' So I got out.

The victim testified that after the sex, she got dressed and waited in the car for Polanski to drive her home. Before driving her home, he asked her to keep the incident a secret.

A: He said to me, he goes, 'Oh, don't tell your mother about this.' …

Q: What did you say?

A: I wasn't saying anything. He says, 'Don't tell your mother about this and don't tell your boyfriend either.' … He said something like, 'This is our secret.' And I went, 'Yeah.' And then later he said, 'You know, when I first met you I promised myself I wouldn't do anything like this with you.'

Comments:
  1. Lisa Graas says:

I have to say, I am glad you linked to this instead of the full transcript. HotAir linked to the full transcript and it will surely arouse a lot of perverts out there, something I sure the victim would rather not happen.
    Mind you, had this been a priest, the exact same people calling for Polanski to remain free would be frothing at the mouth saying that Catholicism itself is the spawn of hell.

2. Dan – “I know it wasn’t rape-rape. I think it was something else, but I don’t believe it was rape-rape.” Polanski isn’t bad, not like Palin, I mean, “this girl is dangerous to me. This is a very dangerous woman, because I believe for her intents and purposes, she’s OK if everybody lives a certain way, that is to say, the way God ordained men and women to be.” Oh and that V-day thing I was a part of in 2001 (the gathering to end violence and rape against women), umm lets just say i was on quaaluds and drunk on champagne when I agreed to do that.

3. reg says:

4. xerocky says:

“was this a one time thing with this pervert or is the girl’s mother the only one with the balls to prosecute ? has this thing been free to molest all these decades?”
    Well, who cares? If nobody has the guts to make the accusation, then they must have nothing to say. Who would put it past him though? Is Europe less “puritanical” about these things? Perhaps that’s why he’s there. (besides avoiding justice in the U.S.A.)
    One thing that I can’t deal with is when libs talk about how long ago it happened. Hey, if you want to look at it that way, the native American’s went through what they went through before my family was even in the United States! Ditto for slavery, ditto for the holocaust. My family wasn’t there either.
    But I guess that that just won’t apply because I’m a non Jewish white man. And I don’t mean that to be anti Semitic, I just mean that I’m not in any protected class, therefore people are free to judge me by my skin color.
    Think about it, had Roman not fled, he could have taken his medicine and this would have been done by now. But he ran. So what’s the lesson? Don’t run away from your troubles, they’ll just follow you. And even if the victim doesn’t want anything to happen, does that mean it didn’t happen? Why are they against Roman simply serving out a sentence? No matter what anyone says, he needs to stand trial. A crime is a crime. He could have taken care of this a long time ago, just like Barry should have taken care of his parking tickets.
    Lastly, what is it about Roman Polanski that makes people get so up in arms on either side? Jimmy Page and Ted Nugent did pretty much the same thing but nobody complained, but I guess that the teenage girls themselves didn’t complain either so…
    But why defend him too? Why does Deborah Winger give a rat’s ass about Roman Polanski? If say for instance Clint Eastwood had done the same thing, how would they react?

5. Lala says:

Whoopi, child advocate, is getting slammed.
    70 percent of the French, in a poll, voted against Polanski.

6. Lala says:

Hollywood says we don’t treat celebrities this way
    This is the country that let off OJ
    Mmm, mmm, mm!
    Roman Raymond Polanski

7. anon says:

The primary reason to support the idea of Polanski not being extradited is that his victim has said she doesn’t want a trial, has forgiven him and doesn’t want him to go to jail.
    If she refuses to testify in a trial then there will be no trial or conviction becuase he has a right to confront his accuser, so all of this will have been for nothing.

8. Alex says:

There will be no trial. He doesn’t need to face his accuser. He plead guilty to a lesser charge and fled during sentencing.

9. jim says:

Also, if he was allowed to withdraw his plea and there was a trial, she would testify. She can’t refuse. She is not going to flee to France to avoid a subpoena. She has given numerous statements about what happened, including the grand jury testimony under oath. She is not going to testify to anything different on the stand. And it is Polanski who is putting her through this again – no one else.
    Also, it is the DA who decides whether or not they are going to prosecute – not the complaining witness.

10. Lala says:

He will be prosecuted for absconding.
    Mark Simone on the radio this morning – the judge allowed Polanski to go to Europe to finish a movie, someone alerted the judge to Polanski skiing, drinking, etc. The judge became very angry –

11. x11b1p says:

i can see a life time achievment award being given to polanksi at the next big hollywood award ceremony, especially if he ends up in jail. and then a lecture on how yes means no and no means yes when you are 13 and drunk.

12. anon says:

But, he can also be tried just on fleeing and forget the rape charge.

13. Lala says:

Anon, he plead guilty, I don’t think he can un-plead.

14. Hey, Dan, did you catch this piece by Sock Puppet Greenwald? http://www.salon.com/opinion/greenwald/2009/10/01/washington_post/index.html
    For once, we can probably agree with him.

15. jim says:

“It’s very rare that rape victims who don’t want to prosecute are jailed for contempt of court, usually, the cases are just not prosecuted. No one knows what she would/will do if there is a trial.”
    If the DA subpeona’s her, she will testify. Not wanting to do something and refusing to do something are two different things. The complaining witness is not crazy.
    “I’m pretty sure he can void his plea agreement and then demand a jury trial if he wants, its very unlikely that the gov. would force this woman to testify if she doesn’t want to.”
    I’m pretty sure that he won’t be allowed to withdraw his plea. He entered it knowingly and voluntarily. He was informed repeatedly on the record that there were no promises as to the sentence.
    Your scenario is merely wishful thinking on yours and Polanski’s part.

16. anon says:

Personally, I think it would be wrong for the DA to force her to testify if she neither wants to see Polanski in jail or be put back in the spotlight again.
    My understanding is that Polanski fled because he believed the judge was not going to abide by the terms of the plea agreement…that he would get probation….so I would think that when the judge tells you “hey, I’m not going to give you probation but a jail sentence” that you would be able to withdraw your plea bargain.
    Defendants do withdraw guilty pleas all the time, but they do have to get approval from the judge I think…
    We’ll see.