Meet Lindsey Graham – “Maverick”

October 13, 2009

Why does SC continue to re-elect this doofus with a bad haircut? After the McCain campaign just hearing the word "maverick" makes me want to hurl. Brought to you courtesy of, where else? The New York Times. If he's going to use energy concerns to justify selling out on global warming, he might want to check the news about new natural gas resources recently discovered.

Great timing, Graham. Nothing like making yourself look dumb when it comes to you.

Meet Lindsey Graham, the Next GOP Maverick on Climate Change

As the Republican hit the town halls in South Carolina, a state with a major military presence and one of the country's highest unemployment rates, Graham would ask people if they thought climate change was a problem.

Few did.

But Graham quickly followed with another question, asking for a show of hands from those concerned about energy security. The response was strong, and Graham wasted little time making the connection.

"You can't look at it in isolation," Graham said in an interview last week. "I'm trying to say, OK, you're skeptical about global warming, you're worried about the compliance costs, and you think maybe there's not much benefit to the environment. I'm not there, but I respect that.

"What if I took something you agree with, that this country had a lot of resources that need to be explored and extracted, and every barrel of oil that we can find off South Carolina with South Carolina's permission, and natural gas deposits, make us more energy independent?" he added. "What if you married those two things up? And took some of the revenue from oil and gas exploration and put it toward reducing our carbon dependency? I think that's a deal that a lot of people would go for. You don't have to be a true believer of drilling offshore or that climate change is real. You've just got to be willing to give and take."

Comments:
  1. Peter says:

Lindsay Grahamnesty, RINO. One of the reasons the GOP will shoot itself in the foot in 2010 and 2012. They don’t call it the Stupid Party for nothing.

2. Miklo says:

Lindsay Graham
    Olympia Snowe
    John McCain
    With sell-outs like these… Who needs a Democratic party?

3. syn says:

I don’t care if one is Repug or Demorat, believing in Al Gore’s Climate Change fraud is as insane as believing Hollywood paper-mached Greek Columns for Obama are real.
    People who believe in Al Gore’s Climate Change are insane asylum psycho-schizophrenic crazy fruit-loops living in Obama’s 57th State.

4. Lala says:

I would say that Lindsay Graham stands to end up a very rich man if this bill passes.

5. in_awe says:

Another example of our esteemed representatives that refuse to let facts get in the way of ideology (or idiocy).
    It clearly isn’t about climate change or energy – it is about increasing the power of the government at the expense of the citizens and the nation.
    Disgusting vermin.

6. Larry says:

South Carolina Unemployment Trends in Heat Map form:
    here is a map of South Carolina Unemployment in August 2009 (BLS data)
    versus South Carolina Unemployment Levels 1 year ago

7. Joseph Brown says:

I’m a bred and born South Carolinian and damn proud of it. I’m also a Republican. I voted for Graham the last, and I emphasize LAST, time. Never again. This guy has disgraced this state with his antics. I call them antics, you may call them something else.
    I feel most Carolinians are more obsessed with our Governor’s and Joe Wilson’s behavior than they are about RINO’s like Graham.
    Hopefully people will wake up and put Graham out of office, but I hold little hope.