Mitt’s Missing 100k Jobs, Are They In Mexico And Southeast Asia?

January 12, 2012

Per Big Government, Sarah Palin has called on Mitt Romney to release his tax returns and also document his repeated claim of having created 100,000 jobs. That's a critical argument from Romney in direct support of his suitability for the presidency during difficult economic times.

Various independent sources over the years have been unable to clearly document Romney's claim. At one point Romney claimed to have created only 10,000 jobs after he had already left Bain. It's unclear how he eventually came to be claiming 100,000 this political season.

CHART: Mitt Romney's Great Big Jobs Creation Lie

Mitt Romney and 100,000 jobs: an untenable figure

It's been reported at both Big Government and in the Washington Post that Romney is allegedly more likely to have created said jobs in Southeast Asia and Mexico, than in the Unites States.

Rick Tyler: ‘100,000′ Romney Jobs Created in Southeast Asia and Mexico, Not USA

Top Gingrich supporter: Romney created jobs — in Mexico and Asia

Given that Romney has repeatedly featured the claim prominently in his campaigning for the presidency, it's time for him to document the claim clearly and once and for all.

Comments:
  1. m says:

I wish Sarah Palin will run for President.

2. gary gulrud says:

I’m with m, Ogabe, like Clinton, has lowered the political bar with regard to speaking to Amerikkka.
    Now its perfectly Ok to lie to my face because the other guy seems to think its Ok.
    There is no way I can consider Mitt my President any more than Obamanable.

3. VaGal says:

But, if we question this aren’t we “anti-capitalists!” or something?

4. USA American says:

OMG why is St. Sarah anti-capitalist?!

5. Terry in GA says:

This is getting ridiculous. SOMEBODY needs to get it through their GOP establishment that we do not want Mitt Romney and that we will not accept their appointing him. Sweet talking rhetoric got us stuck where we are now. We have to have a president who will stand up to stupidity and demand that we return to WHAT AMERICA REPRESENTS. Nothing pisses me off faster than someone telling me that they have “deemed and passed” our candidate. Mittens is not my candidate, and he won’t be. I’d rather have Rand Paul.

6. EriK says:

Air it out and let the votes be counted.

7. Terry in GA says:

We need Sarah Palin. And we need her before the GOP destroys our chances of recovering from Obamunism.

8. SJ Reidhead says:

Thank you!
    I’ve been trying to get these numbers for nearly six weeks. From what I can tell, when he ran against Ted Kennedy he said he created about 10,000 jobs. I know at least 1,700 of them went to Mexico.
    The 100,000 job number is a crock.
    SJR