Howard Kurtz and the media’s “astonishing slowness” on Trayvon Martin

March 25, 2012

Computer_morning_light

Once again the people sitting in their living rooms in their pajamas are way ahead of the lamestream media, who appear to prefer peddling their tired racist narratives to getting the facts, ma'am, just the facts.

By Sissy Willis of sisu

"On Reliable at 11, Derek McGinty, Lauren Ashburn, Eric Deggans on media's astonishing slowness on Trayvon Martin killing & Sharpton's role," Howard Kurtz twittered the lineup for his Sunday show "Reliable Sources" this morning. We appreciate his candor but couldn't resist a little snark in our reply:

Astonishing? I saw it right away. It's why the bloggers and tweeters are leaving Palin's "lamestream" in the dust. :)

Breitbart's Ben Shapiro was on top of it from the start:

We will not stop vetting the media, including Al Sharpton! Persist we much!

Bill Hobbs cut through all the speculation and irresponsible "reportage" [rhymes with garbage] that had whipped up some of our more suggestible fellow Americans into a frenzy …

Read full post here.

Comments:
  1. Dwok says:

I’m tired of digging for my news. I work 60 hours a week. I have a wife and young kids and I don’t have time to dig, but I do.
    Anyway, if no one has mentioned this I find the key in the 911 tape to be when Mr. Zimmerman said that “He’s gone” in speaking about Trayvon Martin, He didn’t want to give out the rest of his address because he “didn’t know where he (Trayvon) is”. He didn’t want Trayvon to overhear his address.
    The point I’m making is that if Mr. Zimmerman gave up the “chase” or stopped following him, it seems to me that Trayvon re-engaged the situation by perhaps blind-siding Mr. Zimmerman. Again, for Mr. Zimmerman to say that “He didn’t know where he was” indicates to me that Trayvon had disappeared out of site and perhaps may have been lying in wait.

2. Ragspierre says:

Dwok, that is pure speculation.
    We. Don’t. Know.

3. Dwok says:

Raggs, I understand that hence maybe and perhaps.

4. Kyle says:

Etch A Sketch is a registered trademark for a mechanical drawing toy manufactured by the Ohio Art Company.

5. Ragspierre says:

And “malevolent moron” is a registered trademark for Kyle.

6. Kyle says:

Ragspierre – Mitt Romney is your candidate.
    Deal with it.

7. Ragspierre says:

Barackah Obama is YOUR candidate.
    Open your wrists.

8. Kyle says:

Ragspierre – all those three-cornered hats and Gadsden flags down the drain.
    It must suck to be you.

9. Ragspierre says:

Never owned either, Kyle.
    Living in reality…as opposed to your state of delusion, denial, and deceptions…really is a very good place.
    You should really try it.
    Sometime…

10. Kyle says:

So…your a pragmatist.
    I guess that means you still think Newt Gingrich has a chance in hell.
    Too bad about the Mormon.

11. Ragspierre says:

Ah, you’re a religious bigot, to add to your Collectivist malevolence.
    Not remarkable.

12. Kyle says:

Ragspierre – Speaking of collectivism, rumor has it that Republicans want to nationalize the American petroleum industry.
    Is this true?

13. Ragspierre says:

You’re barking up the wrong tree, Spot.
    The GOP does not consult me about its plans.
    I DO know that Maximus Waters would do that in a heartbeat if she thought she’d get away with it.

14. God's Servants says:

You’re looking for an excuse to blame the victim & not the perpetrator – you are what they call a racist swine who refuses to deal with your sick, perverted racism – and instead you use your idle words as weapons to try to destroy the image of an innocent African American young man, who was minding his own business, on his way from the store – innocent enough – tea & skittles – he’s hunted down, by a drugged-out zombie-sounding racist who goes as far to say he is – and who in COLD-BLOODED MURDER HUNTED & TRACKED DOWN & MURDERED THIS YOUNG INNOCENT TRAYVON MARTIN – THAT’S PREMEDITATED MURDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NO IFS, AND’S OR BUTT’S!!! It’s sad that you haven’t come to grips with your racist views as OLD as you are – it only hurts you & your family — HATE ON – cuz you teach your family to FEAR!!!!!! You stab your ownself in the BACK! Instead of being a part of the SOLUTION – YOU ARE THE PROBLEM!!!! You’re the problem, because you have the audacity to LOOK FOR A NEEDLE IN THE HAYSTACK & then turn right around & TRY TO JUSTIFY COLD-BLOOOOODED MURDER – Shame on you, Shame on you – FEARMONGER!!!! SAVE YOUR HATE FOR YOURSELF & STOP SPREADING IT!!!! SPARE US WILL YOU!!!!

15. Ragspierre says:

Another complete nut-cake heard from.
    I never realized there were so many lynch mob wannabees still clouding up the gene pool.

16. E.R says:

Dwok,
    Maybe he went into hiding because he was afraid and was trying to get away?