Daryl Benway of Massachusetts shot his 7 and 9 year-old children, then himself – One child survived
Forty-one year-old Daryl Benway of Massacusetts shot his seven year-old daughter and nine year-old son before turning the gun on himself. The boy, Owen, was found alive on the kitchen floor with a gunshot wound to the head. Recently separated, his wife Kelleen had been out and came home to find police cars surrounding the home.
Along with being separated, Daryl Benway was apparently also unemployed. His wife Kelleen earlier had posted on Facebook it was time she took control of her life.
Evidently a thunderstorm had masked the sound of the gunshots, though a neighbor eventually phoned police. An alleged acquaintance of Daryl Benway's took to Twitter to state his disbelief. Based upon other reports it's possible the employment information is no longer accurate.
According to Benway's Facebook page, he worked for TJX Companies, which owns retail stores including TJ Maxx and Marshalls. Friends who have written on his profile expressed loss and confusion. Some wrote that they think he's innocent.
Twitter user @Zaackaattack, whose profile says he's from Oxford, wrote, "I can't believe he killed his kids. I've known him my whole life. NEVER would have expected it. It's a #madworld."
Earlier in the day, Mrs. Benway had posted on her Facebook page, “It's about time I took control of my own life.” That was at 11:45 a.m.
Daryl Benway, 41, a Massachusetts man shot two of his children, killing his 7-year-old, before he turned gun on himself and committed suicide, police said.
More RiehlWorldView News
- George Zimmerman Defense releases photos of defiant Trayvon Martin With Drugs and Gun
- Homeless Woman To Anthony Weiner: “Stop … texting, and stay off instagram”
- Michael Adebolajo’s previous arrest: Linked to al-Qaeda ‘youth group’ Al Shabaab
- Barack Obama’s Prom Photos
- Shameful: Jennifer Aniston in underwear, bares toned body in ‘We’re the Millers’ trailer
- Hofstra Home Invader Dalton Smith “praised” by parole panel in early prison release
- Limiting Choices, UnitedHealth, Aetna, Cigna opt out of California insurance exchange
- London attackers of Nigerian origin: Adebolajo aka ‘Mujahid,’ or “warrior,” Cameron Ignores Reality
- Farrakhan Denounces “Satanic Jews,” “Synagogue of Satan,” NAACP head Wendell Anthony, Rep. John Conyers Nod in Approval
- Michael Adebolajo, Suspect in London attack was previously investigated for terrorist ties; 2 homes raided