Video: Sheldon Adelson’s Daughter Manhandles Male ‘Democracy Now’ Producer, He Promptly Soils His Shorts

August 31, 2012

Okay, I don’t actually know that he soiled his shorts. But he sounds like he may have. That’s at least a half-soil, right? And be sure to check out the studio hostess at top. I thought I was watching a segment of Fernwood Tonight in black and white – but without Martin Mull and Fred Willard and not funny.

Video here.

Comments:
  1. Joe Blow says:

“I did not touch her, she just ran back into me.”

Really? Based on that camera angle/location, he couldn’t have gotten closer without inadvertently having sex with her.

2. RebeccaH says:

Yep. Soiled.

3. tdpwells says:

I was watching it on CSPAN last night so I don’t know if any of the other networks caught this, but did anyone else hear a male voice say “NO NO DON’T TOUCH ME!” at the end of Romney’s walk down the aisle and just before he took the steps to the podium?

What was that all about?? I couldn’t tell if it was one of the protection detail guys or what, but it was loud and obvious from what I saw.

• Bob P. in Fort Walton Beach, FL says:

OK, it wasn’t just me hearing things! I thought maybe it was someone urging Romney to get moving and get onstage before the music had to restart. Maybe it was a germophobe who lost his hand sanitizer. I was watching on Fox.

• tdpwells says:

The voice sounded quite irritated so my first thought was that someone got too close to security, but that’s an odd way to ask someone to step back.

• swlip says:

My wife and I heard that, too. Maybe someone has the flu and didn’t want to give it to Romney. But then, what was he doing on the rope line?

• b says:

You are all focusing on what happened on camera. But you are forgetting about the cameraman and what was happening outside the shot. Clearly what happened was that one or more press/camerapeople got pushy with security outside the shot, as security was trying to clear the way. The voice did not come from in camera and you can see there is no one reacting negatively to Romney at the time it is said.

I replayed it a number of times to be sure.

4. Gunga says:

Dan, they seem to have scrubbed the video. And btw, isn’t it time to stop with the “below the fold” nonsense? The only thing below where I fold my monitor is a keyboard. Do you seriously want to tie what you currently do very well to what legacy media does very poorly? Please pardon me for being overly critical, but I’m tired from turning over the 45s on my stereo, changing out vacuum tubes in my TV, spinning the dial on my rotary phone, and turning the massively oversized pages of my local afternoon paper.

• Dan says:

Gunga – the issue is column width. I can display video on the front page but the width is 330. If I want to leave it larger, it gets put below the Read More. Below the fold is simply an expression to let someone reading from the front page the wideo is below once you open the post link.

• MikeG says:

Dan,

I think Gunga was just referring to your word choice (below the fold). IMHO, it is old and busted. The new hotness is “. . .after the jump.” ;-)

5. tdpwells says:

Also, technical note, you should fix the comments section so people’s words aren’t getting split in half. :)

• Dan says:

Not sure what you mean? Is there a bug of some sort?

• tdpwells says:

Hmm, well maybe it’s just me? I saw your comment above to Gunga about column width so maybe that’s the issue. Words are getting split instead just moving to the next line if it doesn’t fit.

I can screencap and email it to you if you like.

BTW am longtime reader but lurk most days. Appreciate all that you do!

• Dan says:

Thanks. If you can simply mention a comment on a post where you see it, I can take a look. May be driven by your own display settings, though. Not sure. But if you ever need to email, the contact link in the Nav Bar is my email.

Thanks for the readership. It’s appreciated.

• tdpwells says:

I’m seeing it in virtually every comment in this post, including the one I’m replying to.

Am at work, I’ll check when I go home for lunch to see if it’s doing it on there as well and if so, will screencap it for you.

It just looks quirky, no biggie.

• Buck Bradley says:

I’m seeing it as well on pretty much every post.

• MikeG says:

Not to pile on, but I’m seeing the same thing here both in Firefox and IE (on Windows 7 64). I’m pretty sure I saw the same on my tablet (ASUS Transformer) last night too.

• Dan says:

Talked to the developer – we made a change as it was not folding urls properly. Probably related to that. He’s going to take a look. Problem is, it was a template with a lot of crazy stuff going on, some of which was taken out. Anyway, will get it fixed. Thanks for the heads up.

• tdpwells says:

Whatever you did worked – it looks great now.

6. JD(not the one with the picture) says:

That’s the most violent, evil scene I’ve witnessed since my kitten batted his toy across the floor a minute ago.

7. Chris says:

Funny, when Alec Baldwin or any other darling of the left chases and/or disarms cameramen, the Left thinks it is cute and appropriate.
    When it happens to one of their own, they are horrified……

8. Chris says:

I have never watched anything from Democracy Now! before. They might take a hint though: more blondes = more viewers.

9. Harry says:

I believe the hostess is Amy Goodman http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amy_Goodman

• AD-RtR/OS! says:

You’ve got to love those “Pacifico” types.
      What they lack in historical accuracy, they make up for with a complete lack of charisma.

10. Timbo says:

At first glance of the “anchor” I thought “Crunchy Granola News”.

11. SLK says:

The old guy in the wheelchair and his 90 pound daughter are very scary. I completely understand the reporter’s agitation.

12. Karen says:

I saw the male reporter grab the woman with the long hair and turn her around. No man should be touching a woman like that. Is that male toucher from Democracy Now?

13. TMLutas says:

This breaks public campaign etiquette and was not proper for somebody associated with the campaign. Wait, you mean that Adelson isn’t running for anything? You mean his daughter isn’t a public figure and might not have even understood the rules? Oh, she apologized for it afterwards?

Yawn, this is a non-story about a daughter accustomed to a higher level of protection of her personal space reacting poorly to physical contact. No money going from the Romney campaign to her so no responsibility or control. This is unlike the recent incident of the Mass. Senate Warren campaign who had a driver do a similar deal. The candidate was within 10 feet and the guy was being paid to do a campaign function. There’s your difference.

• Dan says:

I disagree. I think it’s an hilarious story about a pushy guy with a camera getting what he deserved.

14. Dan says:

It names him – senior producer – sounds like Mike Burke is the name she used.

15. Bill 2 says:

Harry “American Gothic” Reid said on the floor of the senate today “he has to prove that he didn’t soil his pants.”

16. Why NYC Often Sucks says:

This is put on by the City University of New York. Your or at least (New York City residents) taxes at work. Then again they did probably get state and federal grants.

17. Sardondi says:

Is there a single male leftie media figure who doesn’t look and sound like he has a set?

And is there a single female leftie media figure who doesn’t look and sound like she had the set her male counterparts was missing?

18. Bad Touch says:

He touched her first.

Bad idea.

19. Rich Vail says:

Looks to me like the “interviewer” grabbed Ms. Adelson 1st…