Does Paul Ryan Have a Palin Problem? He Just Might
Pardon the phrase, but for the most part, the McCain campaign worked very hard to keep Sarah Palin on a leash. That may be happening to Paul Ryan to some extent, now – though I’m not claiming an exact comparison. Take the personalities and positions out of it and look at it as a campaign style. If the Romney camp does that, similar to what McCain did – try to keep the gloves on just enough – they’ll go down throwing rabbit punches.
People can think what they want of Obama and his team. But no one should fool themselves into thinking they aren’t heavyweights when it comes to campaigning. When you step into the ring with a heavyweight and pull your punches, you will always get your clock cleaned. It would be wise to remember something Barack Obama once implied: White House to Dems on town halls: “If you get hit, we will punch back twice as hard”
The Ryan piece below by Zeke Miller at BuzzFeed.
Romney Camp Decides: The Economy Isn’t Enough
“It’s not enough just to criticize,” says Ryan. Agrees an aide: “We have to bring more to the table.”
Ryan himself has emerged as a central player in this calculation, making the case internally for a clearer conservative policy message. One high level Republican with ties to the campaign told BuzzFeed that Ryan was chaffing at Boston constraining him from talking about and defending his policy ideas from Democratic attacks. Ryan wanted to be “unleashed,” the Republican said.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch