Video Gold: Wife of failed FL Democrat Justin Lamar Sternad throws bucket of water on reporter
Sadly, from beginning to end, this story just about sums up the state of both American politics and journalism. What else can you do but laugh? Video down below the screen cap.
One way to get rid of a pesky reporter: Throw a bucket of water on him.
That’s what the wife of a failed candidate embroiled in a campaign scandal did to Miami Local 10 senior political reporter Michael Putney. The TV journalist came away drenched but not any more enlightened than when he knocked on the door. The caught-on-tape moment has made a splash on the Web.
But the strangest part of the story is that the soggy reporter isn’t even the weirdest part. According to the Miami Herald, failed Democratic congressional candidate Justin Lamar Sternad is reportedly telling the FBI that the Republican, Rep. David Rivera, secretly contributed to his campaign—in an apparent failed attempt to plant a ringer candidate in the 25th District’s primary election.
Sternad, previously a night-time hotel worker, ultimately lost in the primary. But during his attempt to run, the father of five who makes just $30,000 a year, was allegedly funneled unreported cash through his campaign manager, Ana Sol Alliegro.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch