More of Obama’s post-racial veneer stripped away
Why are they so desperate to have as few people as possible see video of President Obama sounding like Al Sharpton? Why are they so quick to tell us that espousing nutty racial conspiracy theories about New Orleans and structural racism isn’t worth our time?
Because they know if enough independent, casual, middle-class voters in Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Iowa saw the video, Obama would be finished. Americans voted for Obama because they wanted to put race in the past. As Shelby Steele has described, Americans bargained with Obama: if Obama put race in the past, Americans were willing to put him in the White House.
Unfortunately, Obama’s racialist rant in Hampton, Virginia, wasn’t the only one. In my book Injustice, I document in great detail his appearance in Selma, Alabama, in March of 2007. At this event, he behaved and spoke in a similar way as he did in the Hampton video released yesterday. Selma was where Obama shared a podium with New Black Panther Party chief Malik Zulu Shabazz. It is where uniformed New Black Panthers traveled from across the country to march with candidate Barack Obama across the Edmund Pettus Bridge.
via Rule of Law .
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch