Politico: Democrats peer into Obyss, as Obama fights for Big Bird and Elmo
You’ll most likely enjoy this Politico item you might call, Democrats in Dismay and Disarray. It’s always fun to see the other guy sweat, even if both sides do their fair share of it in a big election.
First came the nausea. Then came the anxiety.After months of watching Mitt Romney twist in the media glare, a growing number of President Barack Obama’s supporters — though confined for now to a noisy minority of liberals — are peering into the Obama-might-actually-lose abyss for the first time after last week’s disastrous first debate.
Last time we heard from SC Dem chair Dick Harpootlian, of Obama’s national finance committee, he called Nikki Haley a Nazi. I gather he went for comedy this time. “Harpootlian also said rank-and-file Democrats expect Vice President Joe Biden to hit Paul Ryan hard during their debate in Danville, Ky., on Thursday. ‘Joe’s gonna take out the old meat-ax and go to work,’ he said. ‘They’ll have to call the humane society.’”
Randy Andy Sullivan is a bedwetter, in case you didn’t know. “A handful of liberal pundits — amplifying the visceral reactions of the party’s liberal base to the debate and Obama’s subsequent dip in the polls — think the plane is plunging into a cliff. They have found their muse in Daily Beast columnist Andrew Sullivan, whom Obama reads regularly and was once invited to a White House state dinner.
… Back in 2008, Obama campaign manager David Plouffe had a word for doubters: “Bedwetters.”
Meanwhile, Obama is busy fighting for Big Bird and Elmo. Nice to know he actually does fight for someone besides himself when the occasion arises.
“I will say it doesn’t change the fact that there’s only one candidate in this race who is going to continue to fight for Big Bird and Elmo, and he is riding on this plane” — a reference to Obama.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch