Will it be Trayvon Martin II? Outcry growing over the fatal shooting of Ala. Student Gilbert “Gil” Collar
They include this Facebook link to the school’s newspaper, the Vanguard. I’m especially curious to see how the mainstream media reacts. This seems like a perfect opportunity for MSNBC to misleadingly edit a video … if need be. There’s coverage. But I’m not yet seeing the type of swarming coverage we immediately saw in the Zimmerman case. I wonder why that is?
Outcry is growing over the fatal shooting of a naked University of Alabama student by a campus police officer early on Saturday morning.
Gil Collar, 18, reportedly knocked on the window of the campus police station and charged at an officer who came out to investigate. The officer shot him dead.
It has also emerged that the shooting was caught on video.
On the Facebook page for the Vanguard, the school’s student newspaper, Collar’s friends and classmates expressed shock and confusion that the officer felt the need to use deadly force on a young man they described as ‘sweet’ and ‘easy going.’
‘Gil went to my high school’ wrote Melissa Mims, who said she was a good friend of Collar’s sister Elisabeth and the rest of his family. ‘Gil was the kind of guy who could put a smile on anyone’s face, he never had any enemies and a lot of students and younger kids looked up to him. He really was a great guy and had very many friends.’
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch