Window display in N.J. store that depicts Obama as witch doctor gets mixed reviews
A Monmouth County business owners window display which depicts President Barack Obama as a witch doctor is generating support and outrage.The display in a window of Skuby & Co. Lifestyle Clothing in Spring Lake includes an image of the presidents head superimposed on the body of a witch doctor above the word “ObamaCare.”
The calendar is flipping toward two big late-fall events: Halloween and the presidential election.
A business owner has married the two in his New Jersey storefront. His anti-Obama, Halloween-themed window displays the president as a witch doctor.
The Halloween-themed display debuted Oct. 4. Skuby said that he did a similar one last year “and no one said a word. But this is an election year and now, suddenly, everyone wants to be involved.”
The store owner said he has received a wave of threats from all over the country aimed at him and his six children, including death threats that he has reported to the police.
“This is America, isn’t it?” Skuby asked. “Aren’t we able to say and do pretty much what we want to do?”
Skuby, who admitted that his business has suffered because of his visual expression, said the community is trying to run him out of town. He said people have made him out to be a racist because of his anti-Obama display.
“If you want to call me a racist then go ahead. I can assure you I am not a racist; I just really want to see Obama go.” Skuby said. “This is a good example of where race relations are under this guy’s administration. … This has absolutely nothing to do with race.”
Skuby said that if Mitt Romney had the same plan as the president; his picture would be in the window.
Skuby said he isn’t taking the display down until after the holiday.
“My window is my voice and I get one shot to have my voice be heard.” he said. “I don’t regret putting up the display. At some point, you have to take a stand and that is what I am doing. I want Obama out.”
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch