5 Serious Questions On Smoking Gun Benghazi Cable That Deserve Answers
James Carafano at The Heritage Foundation asks 5 fundamental and serious questions about the Benghazi cable that was ignored by the Obama Administration.
The cable concluded that the consulate could not withstand a “coordinated attack.” Further, the cable identified terrorist groups that were operating in the area. The existence of this document raises some serious questions.
1. Why was the cable kept secret for so long?
2. How could anyone rule out a terrorist attack?
3. Why didn’t the Administration provide any interim findings of their investigation into the Benghazi attack?
4. Why wasn’t a coordinated rapid response force ready to go?
5. How long do we have to wait to get answers to obvious questions?
James expands and weighs in on each question intelligently. Head to Heritage to read his input. James rightly concludes:
After the first 9/11, all we asked was for a government to be better at “connecting the dots” and then sharing that information. We have a right to know why our government has failed miserably at this fundamental task.
I would further conclude that we have the right to know – or at least have an honest effort from FedGov at discovering – why our government failed before the presidential election. We deserve better than a dog & pony show after November 6.