Doesn’t Matter: NJ Senator Bob Menendez & Dominican Hookers
Yep. Democrat Bob “Fighting Back for Women” Menendez stiffed hookers during an Easter sex romp in the Dominican Republic, according to the accusers. None of it, unfortunately, will make a difference next Tuesday, for reasons I’ll spell out later. But first…
Two Dominican hookers have come forward, represented by a lawyer, to say that Senator Bob Menendez paid them for sex. However, he only paid them $100 for sex acts after promising $500.
Senator Menendez is known to travel frequently to the Dominican Republic.
Dana Loesch exclaims why the Bob Menendez sex scandal matters.
For those who may think the story isn’t important, stop and think for a moment about another senate seat in play. While Menendez leads his GOP challenger Joe Kyrillos by double digits, it’s not beyond the realm of possibility that a sordid scandal would knock free a senate seat. How badly do you want Obamacare repealed?
But, considering it’s Jersey, we should distinguish plainly between “why it matters” and “whether it matters.” Jersey is the same state whose Democrat party ignored state campaign laws in 2002 and put Lautenberg’s name on the ballot late in place of disgraced Senator Bob Toricelli, who withdrew beyond the last minute because of corruption charges that were sinking his doomed re-election campaign. Lautenberg had retired in 2000, already in his 70′s. He had already been written into his grave when he was revived for his name recognition.
And so, you see, New Jersey has already elected a nearly dead man who really tried to retire. Because he wore a blue jersey with a big “D” on it. While I hope New Jersey won’t repeat this behavior with Bob Menendez, don’t count on it. Bob Menendez could campaign with disgraced Penn State pedophile Jerry Sandusky and still win the election. His jersey is blue and it has a big “D” on it.
So, I’m sorry, dear Dana. While you indeed spell out “why” it matters outside of Jersey, it’s unfortunately a question of “whether” it matters inside Jersey, where Menendez’ votes are cast. And the short answer is, it just doesn’t matter. Not in this state.
UPDATE: Good news for Bob Menendez. If, in Faerieland or anywhere else, Bob Menendez loses his US Senate seat to his Republican NJ challenger, ol’ Bobby won’t be out a job (created or saved). He’d just be the next in line to host his own prime time CNN talk show. “Who do you have to sleep with to get a CNN show?” The answer to the question asked at Time Magazine is apparently: Hookahs. Yes, Eliot Spitzer knows. He’s what these lawyers like to call “precedence.”
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch