***UPDATE: LAWSUIT FILED*** It’s Not Over, Folks: Allen West trails in Florida but wont concede defeat
UPDATE: Allen West has officially filed a lawsuit to impound the … voting machines so that a full recount can be done:
A follow up after a phone call with a friend who spoke to Rep. West this AM. This one is not over. Bigger picture, the battle for minority Republicans – Mia Love and Allen West for example (Democrats are determined to keep down through re-districting, or whatever means possible, as they are such a threat to them) will go on. That is one I myself hope to key in on in the future because of its significance for the GOP and conservatism.
I believe tactical mistakes left some things we shouldn’t have on the table this year. Today marks the beginning of new battles with fresh perspectives, so long as we remain dedicated to winning for the right reasons. Lick your wounds, wring your hands as you will, and even perhaps must in some cases, then please get ready to fight, again. There’s far too much time remaining and issues at risk to even remotely consider surrendering anything, now.
Win, or lose, here, Rep. West must and will be heard from, again. I’ve little doubt about that. Whatever you have to do immediately, get it out of your system and suck it up. We’re in a long war and any talk of permanent defeat, or surrender, is meaningless BS I’ve no desire to entertain just now.
Tea Party-backed Republican Representative Allen West refused on Wednesday to concede defeat and demanded a partial recount in his re-election bid in Florida, where he trailed Democratic challenger Patrick Murphy.Wests campaign said there were still tens of thousands of absentee ballots to be counted in Palm Beach County and provisional ballots to be verified throughout Floridas 18th congressional district, which also includes parts of Martin and St. Lucie counties.
“This race is far from decided and there is no rush to declare an outcome. Ensuring a fair and accurate counting of all ballots is of the utmost importance,” Wests campaign manager, Tim Edson, said in a statement.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch