MY WIFE’S LOVER

November 9, 2012

Fit to print. And interesting fwiw.

Published: July 13, 2012

MY WIFE’S LOVER

via A Message From Beyond – NYTimes.com.

My wife is having an affair with a government executive. His role is to manage a project whose progress is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership. (This might seem hyperbolic, but it is not an exaggeration.) I have met with him on several occasions, and he has been gracious. (I doubt if he is aware of my knowledge.) I have watched the affair intensify over the last year, and I have also benefited from his generosity. He is engaged in work that I am passionate about and is absolutely the right person for the job. I strongly feel that exposing the affair will create a major distraction that would adversely impact the success of an important effort. My issue: Should I acknowledge this affair and finally force closure? Should I suffer in silence for the next year or two for a project I feel must succeed? Should I be “true to my heart” and walk away from the entire miserable situation and put the episode behind me? NAME WITHHELD

Comments:
  1. Jo McMahon says:

Wish I knew before I had our 3rd child. Got them thru school and then college. Then I left.

2. Captain Joe says:

Sounds like the husband of the slut who effed Petraeus. Maybe he informed the Feebs of the serious nature of this affair.

3. CLM says:

I went to the NYT site. The letter itself was not what amazed me. The second sentence of the response is what amazed me.

“It would be different if this man’s project was promoting some (contextually hypocritical) family-values platform, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.”

So, anything that promotes America in the world at large is okay to keep a low profile on a scandal about, unless it is a family-values platform. Then you can blow this thing sky high. (And we’d help you.)

• CLM says:

I should clarify with the context of the first sentence too: “Don’t expose the affair in any high-profile way. It would be different if this man’s project was promoting some (contextually hypocritical) family-values platform, but that doesn’t appear to be the case.”

• pateriot says:

What a crock of Leftist BS. If this person was espousing values he deserves to be brought down but if he banging your wife and is a Democrat (has no values) then you should let him walk? I don’t know were to start with hoe messed up you are!!!

4. pateriot says:

I think that you should offer to join in. You could be the “Fluff” boy for them to help get them going. Afterwards you could clean up the mess. Seriously… WTF?