Ninety-five percent of what you’re reading right now is BS, folks

November 8, 2012

So, if ORCA is to blame, I guess Nate Silver was wrong, after all?

Oh wait, that can’t be, he’s already been given his winning lap around.

Meanwhile assuming one wanted to do the reach out, there were ample reliable GOP operators predicting a Romney defeat on election eve, based upon the poll numbers they were seeing.

Throw it against the wall, folks. But don’t expect to actually know anything for the time being. Politics just isn’t that easy and there are so may agendas, most of which you won’t know, or see, driving all this right now, let the dust settle and one day we may actually know something.

Comments:
  1. LeftCoastCon says:

Something everyone is forgetting:

If Romney had gotten just under 320K more votes divided appropriately among four battleground states (FL, VA, OH, NH) he’d have gotten to 270.

Obama’s popular vote total is grossly inflated by the usual 2:1 Dem blowouts in CA and NY. Obama’s frustratingly “good” luck: Sandy (plus Christie suckup) and his GOTV (which his team says only works for him) worked a LOT better than expected.

Bottom line: in the “real” part of the country, it was very close despite Romney’s ineptitude and Obama’s diabolically good luck. Just wasn’t meant to be: the Conservative refrain.

• JohnInMA says:

I still think there is more to it than just a small portion in select states who didn’t get out to voter. After all, there were crushing defeats in Senate races as well. The only good – and in some cases very good – performance from the GOP came at state and local levels. After all, the GOP now has around 30 (60%) of governors. There is a message in that. I’m not the expert, but for some reason enough came out with faith in governors and state congresses to put many in seats.

2. All I know is with this incumbent it should have NEVER been close.

Nice to see Boehner buck-up and say ‘no taxes’ but a lot of careers are finished, i.e. Rove, Priebus, etc.

3. Sirkowski says:

You seem bitter.

4. [...] here: Ninety-five percent of what you're reading right … – Riehl World View posted under [...]

5. EBL says:

Dick Morris remains to give advice. I am sure he will take your money too if you want to give it to him.

6. Not Likely says:

Gay marriage won. Marijuana won. Obama won.

This is not your country, it’s ours.

7. teresa says:

I can only speak for NC, we had a contingency plan. We generated our own lists and we carried on. Observers at times hand wrote the names and runners were taking the list to the callers. It was apparent the night before that ORCA wasn’t working. I guess it was the same elsewhere, so I don’t blame the loss on a software failure. I never believed Dick Morris, he was wrong about McCain, too.

8. Laughing at Conservatives says:

The GOP is such a bunch of losers! Imagine all the fun stuff Obama has planned for the next 4 years.

I’d tell you to leave the country, but no one wants losers like you.

Mission Accomplished!!

• Ragspierre says:

“According to CNN’s figures, Mitt Romney actually won white Millenials (18-29 year olds) by seven points, 51-44″

Sixty percent of states are headed by GOP office holders.

The “fun stuff” Obama has planned? You mean more of the same FAIL? Obama has the same plan as the last four years…decline.

You DID read about all the layoffs announced in the last 48 hours, right?

• teresa says:

These people don’t care about those layoffs, no skin off their noses. You can’t get through to them so I don’t even try. You can just speak you mind and ignore them. It won’t matter until it darkens their door.

• Laughing at Conservatives says:

You’re so angry! Why not move out of your mom’s basement and get a life for yourself?

• Ragspierre says:

Wow, you were reduced to stupid ad hominem and lying very quickly!

I’m not angry. I’m watching everything I predict coming to pass! Rational thinking is VERY liberating.

I’d invite you to try it, but we both know you don’t have the wiring.

• Ragspierre's Mom says:

My son can’t hold a job and can barely wipe his own ass. He’s not going anywhere. The internet lets him feel important.

• Ragspierre says:

How many people have their very own sock-puppet paying them homage?

Every time it posts, it shows I’m effective!

Heh!!!

• WhiteFalcon1 says:

Gloat much?
      Numbnuts, if all the conservatives leave, you have no-one left to pay your way….just something to think about!

LOSER!

Oh…and we’ll see who loses in a few month when the crap hits the fan, I have money, savings, land, vehicles and plenty of guns and food…how you doing?

9. Xiaoding says:

The more conservatives tie themselves into the noose, the more they will hang with the Republicans.

This election was not much a defeat for the Repubs, they expected to lose anyways, and they got rid of a problem candidate in the bargain!

It is a massive defeat for conservatism. Not because Romeny lost, no, he’s no conservative.

Conservatism has lost all legitimacy. If you whore yourself out on weekends, ok, that’s a hobby, but day after day, even in the seediest part of town, on the streets? Now your a whore. That’s what conservatism proved, this time around.

10. WhiteFalcon1 says:

· LETTER FROM THE BOSS…..
    As the CEO of this organization, I have resigned myself to the fact that Barack Obama is our President and that our taxes and government fees will increase in a BIG way. To compensate for these increases, our prices would have to increase by about 10%. But since we cannot increase our prices right now due to the dismal state of the economy, we will have to lay off six of our employees instead.
    · This has really been bothering me, since I believe we are family here and I didn’t know how to choose who would have to go.
    · So, this is what I did. I walked through our parking lot and found six ‘Obama’ bumper stickers on our employees’ cars and have decided these folks will be the ones to let go. I can’t think of a more fair way to approach this problem.
    · They voted for change, I gave it to them. I will see the rest of you at the annual company picnic.

NOTE: This is what I did, anyway! I’m a commercial electrician/ contractor, I listen well while my crews are talking and KNOW whose who…I shit canned all 16 of them in one morning before 1st break! No severance, no vacations, no anything but the paycheck they earned and the tools they owned, “Get off the site!”……sucks to be them, I guess!!! The rest of us took the day off and had a few beers and had a good laugh! LOL They should have listened when I told them it was coming, huh?
    Why should any of us care? They want to go down the toilet, their business, not mine, I’ll sit back and watch the country fall, since until it does finally hit bottom, nothing will change, so bottom, here we come!
    When the looters and parasites can dictate to me the terms under which I have to support them, I’ll shut it all down and fish for the next 30 years…I don’t care anymore than they do!

• Laughing at Rednecks says:

The party of trailer trash sounds a little butthurt!

Wait until the Kenyan comes and takes your guns and gives your shitty jobs to Mexicans. The party’s just beginning!

• Ragspierre says:

I’ll give you HI-larryous…

Wait until you take it up your butt in the tax increases coming!

What will be even MORE fun…!?!?

Watching the Hollywood idiots and J-Zee being “asked” to give it up…!!!

11. Patrick DeBurgh says:

Whatchyall needed was some of them thar inteelektual conservatives. Oh wait, yall purged them way back in ’05.

DOH !

12. Ragspierre says:

“On Tuesday night, we found out that the majority of Americans agree with my approach,” Obama said in a statement delivered this afternoon in the White House. “And that includes Democrats, independents, and a lot of Republicans across the country, as well as independent economists and budget experts.”
    –Pres. Bumps

Now THAT is industrial strength delusion, right there…!!!