Media bias, voter fraud, dirty tricks, dishonest ads – yep, no argument there. To what extent any, or all played a part, no one will ever be able to fully nail down. And I won’t begrudge the man or woman who needs to vent, or rant and rave against them.
But an election is still an accounting. When you count up the final score, we lost - they won.
Maybe I’ll pick his effort apart one day, maybe I won’t – but my heart goes out to Mitt Romney tonight because I don’t think he left anything on the table in his effort to win – and for the right reasons, not the wrong ones.
We’ll pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and we’ll fight, again. We’ll do that because we aren’t losers – we are Americans.
Any notion that that suddenly doesn’t matter, or mean anything, or isn’t still as wonderful as it always has been is just bullshit.
I’m not having any of it, no matter how profound may be my current disappointment.
We will fight and we will win, again. To do anything else would be un-American. But you know that, already, or you never would have saddled up in the first place.
I’m every bit as confident in my many conservative friends and most of our true leaders tonight, as I’ve ever been.
If you aren’t feeling that tonight, I understand. But I believe you, me and we all will be, soon.
That’s just the way we roll out here.
Good night, friends.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch