Video: Extraordinary white humpback whale off Norway

November 17, 2012

Moby, is that you? Video and link below the fold.

Mariners who spend lots of time at sea are witness to all sorts of amazing sights, but very rarely does one get to witness the almost mythical white whale. Dan Fisher has seen and documented this animal. While crewing aboard the three-masted SV Antigua in August, in the waters of Norways Svalbard Archipelago, Fisher made the sighting of what looks to be a pure white humpback whale from high on the mast.

For whatever reason, Fisher waited until recently to release his footage and share his story. These are his images, Wildlife Extra. Scroll down for video.

More via Extraordinary white humpback whale documented off Norway.

Comments:
  1. Steve says:

SHOULD BE REQUIRED VIEWING:

Rush Limbaugh “The True Meaning of Thanksgiving”

2. Libertyinfinite says:

Not too often we just enjoy the diversity of what god gave us. Thanks Dan. Someday I’ll go out there & see it too maybe.

3. Jcw46 says:

“For whatever reason, Fisher waited . .”

See, right there, my BS meter starts to go off the scale.

Not disbelieving just that I would want to hear his justifications for the delay.

I also apparently didn’t tell the other crew OR they agreed to his delay (for what reason?) OR they’re in on the scam (if there is one).

I’m guessing it’s just venal; he wanted to line up some money for the shots or a book or a tv special (who knows until he fesses up).

Probably though every zoophile in the world will be so agog that no one will ask the hard questions and maybe investigate the video/photos.

• Jcw46 says:

That’s HE apparently didn’t tell the other crew.

I obviously wasn’t there.

• Gordon says:

“I would want to hear his justifications for the delay”

With some of the sightings of Migaloo, the white whale off the Queensland coast, sightings of him weren’t announced immediately because they didn’t want hoards of gawkers zooming right out there and putting him off or traumatising him.

4. Ragspierre's Mom says:

Bloated, pale and lost. Poor whale. Reminds me of my son and the rest of the teabaggers.

• Ragspierre says:

Bloated, pale and lost.

Or, describe in three words the Deemocrat leadership in the House and Senate.

Oh, AND the line-up on bsNBC.

Oh, AND the anchors of all three broadcast networks.

5. [...] Duck! Posted on November 18, 2012 3:30 pm by Bill Quick Video: Extraordinary white humpback whale off Norway – Riehl World News Mariners who spend lots of time at sea are witness to all sorts of amazing sights, but very rarely [...]

6. Rober Fisher says:

I’ll tell you exactly why he waited. He wanted to give enough time for the migrating whale to be well clear of the area where they filmed and no chance that the pod could be tracked.

7. Moby don’t eat no krill…