Your Average Conservative
I’m not in the mood to throw anyone under the bus, so this isn’t a damn Mitt Romney post. He showed up and fought hard for better, or worse.
But here’s the problem for us to deal with now.
Back in the primary, your average principled conservative and serious-thinking Libertarian didn’t believe Mitt Romney could win. Relatively few supported him. But the vast majority showed up this year and fought hard for him.
Unfortunately, significant elements within the GOP are now poised to turn and try to blame those same people for last night’s defeat.
We can’t accept that outcome; that, not last night’s election would signal the end of things for us politically speaking.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch