Quoting Conor (with one N) Friedersdorf Quoting Rush Limbaugh Is the Easiest Way to Discredit Him

December 19, 2012

The Atlantic‘s young Conor (with one N) Friedersdorf has discovered the web archive for the Rush Limbaugh Show and excerpted select portions, displaying them out of context. . Let’s follow young Conor’s path and expose what he’s up to. It’s not that difficult, so long as one side-steps the candy wrappers and errant bits of spittle in Conor’s wake:

Quoting Rush Limbaugh Verbatim Is the Easiest Way to Discredit Him – Conor Friedersdorf – The Atlantic.

Frankly, as you can see below, a sentence or two is usually more than enough to conclude young Conor is an idiot, so let’s pick it up there. Don’t ask me why young Conor chose to end a statement with a question mark. I suppose it could be poetic (read poseur) license; more likely, it’s just another indication of his sloppy thinking. I screen-capped the first excerpt given his puzzling and incorrect use of punctuation.

Here’s the context Conor left out and didn’t link. Conor also failed the grammar test, again. He left off the beginning of Rush’s sentence. What a sloppy boy is our young Conor (with one N). It should have been “… I’ve had people….” As for the point, there’s nothing wrong with what Rush did and he didn’t hide his source material, as did Conor.

I want you to listen to Jay Carney, because I’ve had some e-mails. “What do you mean, Mr. Limbaugh?  They’re not politicizing this.  These are people that care deeply about the children of this nation.”  I mean, I’ve had people really excoriate me in the e-mail for accusing the left of seeking to politicize the event.

Obviously, Conor’s next excerpt is meant to contrast with the above and intended to portray Limbaugh as a hypocrite – oh, look, he’s politicizing it! Frankly, he never said he wasn’t. What he did above was point out how the administration was politicizing it. If he’s guilty of anything, it’s of responding in kind. Clue for young Conor, that’s the entire point of Rush and other conservatives taking to the airwaves, you moron!

Obama got it right. This is the fourth mass shooting during his first term. It averages out to one a year. (interruption) No, I’m not making any correlation. That’s for you to make. If you want to play that game, go ahead. It is interesting we were supposed to be unified and loving one another and at peace and all these wonderful New Age things by now.

Here’s the full discussion from Rush’s site Conor didn’t link. You’ll find it to be a far more substantive discussion of the issue than any of the misleading pap Conor (with one N) slings in return. In effect, all Conor does is cherry pick snippets of Rush’s program transcripts in a weak attempt to invalidate his thoughts and opinions. It’s not only dishonest, it’s self-serving and infantile.

At any rate, I think that so much of what’s happening here was predicted — and don’t forget, it was just a couple weeks ago we went back and repeated from my TV show a monologue about a mass killing in Chicago involving an eight-year-old and a four-year-old. Remember the Bob Greene column? Bob Greene, living in Chicago, asked: “Have we lost our soul?” That bothered people. “Oh, now it’s a religious problem?” The thing is they keep happening. They do.

BREAK TRANSCRIPT

RUSH: Ladies and gentlemen, I should have said this at the top of the program. I assumed that people would understand this. I do not come to this program today thinking I know what to do about this, and I don’t want anybody to assume that I’m sitting here thinking I have the answers, ’cause I don’t. I think I have some pretty good theories as to why we are where we are in our culture, but how to stop this? I’m not qualified. I don’t know that it can be. I have such a cynical view about most every health story that comes down the pike sponsored by the left, from this stupid mayor putting a ban on 32-ounce sodas.

It’s absurd and I don’t think it’s responsible. But in the process we’ve created this belief that if you don’t do this and don’t do that and don’t do that and don’t do that, somehow you’re never gonna get sick, and you’re never gonna die, you’re never gonna get cancer, and you’re never gonna get leukemia. It’s folly. We’re lying to people as part of a political agenda to expand the size of our government. I think what’s going on is hideous. But I don’t want anybody to misunderstand that I think I’ve got the answers here, in terms of how to prevent this. I don’t know that it can be. But I just want to tell you a couple things that I do believe.

I’m not going to go through them all. Each one is as misleading as the next – see for yourself. But as young Conor (with one N) drew particular attention to this one below, I will, as well – especially as it reveals Conor’s superficial and jaundiced eye when looking at Rush Limbaugh.

This quote struck me as particularly amusing, given the source:

I’ve had a deep concern for a number of years over what I have seen throughout the young population of this country is this quest for fame. This desire to have everything known about them, just vomiting details about themselves all over Facebook, Twitter, MySpace, whatever. To me, it’s been a serious problem. Fame is a very seductive thing. See, everybody wants to be known, and everybody wants their life to matter. Everybody wants their life to have meaning.

Yes, Rush is famous – for standing up and speaking out for a great many people against the media’s standard modus operandi – not of, or about himself, let alone on Facebook, or Twitter, for heaven’s sake! Like Conor, nitwit has one ‘N’ and this one apparently can’t comprehend the difference therein.

I had never heard of Rush Limbaugh when an older brother gave me a copy of Rush’s The Way Things Ought to Be in 1992. I can’t tell you how much that meant to me back then, it being so hard to find anyone in popular media with a conservative mindset and a significant platform from which to share it. Why Conor is so threatened by it, or wants to shut it down, I can’t imagine. Perhaps he’s simply desperate to break through somehow. But most certainly, Rush is not at all guilty of seeking fame in the manner Conor implies – assuming he’s even intelligent enough to comprehend the nuance behind what Rush is saying above. Rush is talking about the pursuit of fame for fame itself, or as a form of personal validation of some sort, somehow, not fame due to accomplishment – as Rush has rightfully earned. Perhaps it’s that that irritates Conor so much.

Rush Limbaugh is famous for what he has done and accomplished in the world of conservative thought and ideas, and yes, info-tainment. He didn’t become famous by taking to Facebook to constantly talk about himself. Consequently,  Conor’s attack, as are his others, is totally without merit. As with many of our more accomplished hosts, most of Rush’s personal life remains private, as it should, in my opinion. I’ve never sought that type of mostly silly attention as a blogger by talking about the nits and nats of my life, either. Consequently, Conor (with one N) has no point at all; he’s merely throwing another small heap of unwarranted slander Rush’s way in an attempt to undermine him.

Perhaps when Conor’s not doing that, he’s over on Facebook talking about his laundry, shopping list, latest tragic heart break, or pushing his latest cat video, or some other rubbish. I don’t know and I don’t care to go look. What I do know is that if Conor is ever remembered for anything, it’ll most likely be some sort of personal tid-bit, or funny cat video on Facebook, than something serious and substantive, or broadly popular – because he’s, at best, intellectually challenged, if not inferior, or worse, he’s inherently dishonest

In any event, that Conor obviously can’t comprehend what Rush is actually saying above as regards attention-seeking among the young today, yet attacks it out of ignorance, nonetheless, is simply more proof of Conor Friederdorf’s bias toward Limbaugh and his inability to think deeply, or beyond it, than it is the least bit enlightening as regards Rush, himself. Perhaps if we all just get together and tell Conor (with one N) we care, he’d go away. It’s a thought, anyway.

Comments:
  1. Ragspierre says:

Conor who…???

2. Sec'y of Bidness says:

Conor…..never heard of him. You say he types junk into Facebook?

3. David Atherton says:

With a name like Conor Friedersdorf, you should expect him to be a little dweeb.

4. Harry White says:

How dare anyone attack a bloated drug-addled misogynist like Rush Limbaugh. He gives hope to all of the angry, elderly AM radio enthusiasts out there!

For the record, Reince Priebus is a far more absurd name.

Mission Accomplished!

• Ragspierre says:

Actually, for shear absurdity, Harry White tops the list.

But only for the association with moronic, hate-twisted trolling.

• christopher moser says:

Harry White is not ignorant — he is a fool!

• Harry White says:

I guess you’re one of the elderly, angry AM radio listeners. Enjoy!

• Ragspierre says:

I guess you are stupid enough to double-down on your demonstration of hate!

Typical Collectivist troll. “They kan’t hep it”, as Ann Richards would say.

• John says:

Harry White is typical your liberal who has to resort to name calling instead of debating the facts. He is all about distraction. Has anyone noticed Harry isn’t disputing the contents of the article?

• Jessica Fanelli says:

I’m a 24 year old hispanic female living in New Jersey and I’m a huge fan of Rush Limbaugh and Mark Levin. So what was that you were saying about elderly AM radio listeners? Check your facts, the Republican party and the conservative mindset aren’t just for old white men. Get out of the fifties.

• Jumbo in KC says:

Actually rush is on AM and FM

• SandyC says:

@Harry White Yes!! Mission Accomplished!
      Coner (with 1 N) has got you fooled! Just go ahead and believe everything you read. I’d rather listen to Rush than a skinny
      marxist in WH. Jim Jones is by far a more absurd name! Keep drinking the kool-aid
      Mission Accomplished!

5. Ted Jameson says:

Limbaugh may be many things but a ‘deep thinker’ he is not. He is the guy ranting at the corner of the bar. As long as he is seen as a leader by the right fewer people will be drawn to conservatism.

• Ragspierre says:

Typical denier of reality.

Conservatives…self-identified…have never been more numerous.

When you eschew reality, any “thinking” you do is never “deep”. So, who are you to judge?

6. Not Likely says:

You didn’t show either of the two quotes to be misleadingly out of context. Are you feeling alright?

7. Steve J. says:

FATS LIMBAUGH IS TURNING INTO A PARODY
    (h/t Boycott Rush)

Limbaugh Suggests Obama Admin Manipulated Hurricane Forecasts To Harm GOP Convention

• Harry White says:

Its the Oxycontin speaking. The bloated drug addict has clearly has no control of his body and now has lost control of his faculties.

• Ragspierre says:

He describes a valid observation.

Is asking questions about WHY that observation occurred a PARODY?

Are you going to say that the Obama outlaws have NOT politicized heretofore non-political agencies?

8. Steve J. says:

LIMBAUGH IS OUR TRUE COUNTER-CULTURE PROPHET
    Yesterday, he made it as clear as possible that the politics in America really boils down to Us vs. Them and came as close to nihilism as I can recall. In this, he expands on Charles Krauthammer’s remark about the usefulness of FAUX News.

ClimateGate Hoax: The Universe of Lies Versus the Universe of Reality
    November 24, 2009

We’re going to talk about Copenhagen. We really live, folks, in two worlds. There are two worlds. We live in two universes. One universe is a lie. One universe is an entire lie. Everything run, dominated, and controlled by the left here and around the world is a lie. The other universe is where we are, and that’s where reality reigns supreme and we deal with it.

This can drive rational, reasonable, average people insane trying to juxtapose these two universes — the Universe of Reality and the Universe of Lies.

You know, folks, the two universes here — The Universe of Lies, The Universe of Reality — they don’t overlap anymore. And this is even bigger than global warming, which was my point yesterday. It’s about everything that the left is involved in. What this fraud, what the uncovering of this hoax exposes, is the corruption that exists between government and academia and science and the media. Science has been corrupted. We know the media has been corrupted for a long time. Academia has been corrupted. None of what they do is real. It’s all lies! It is all oriented toward a political outcome. It’s bigger than global warming. And of course science has been corrupted here. Science is being used for political purposes.

So we have now the Four Corners of Deceit, and the two universes in which we live. The Universe of Lies, the Universe of Reality, and The Four Corners of Deceit: Government, academia, science, and media. Those institutions are now corrupt and exist by virtue of deceit. That’s how they promulgate themselves; it is how they prosper.

Posted by Steve J. at 3:28 AM

9. Steve J. says:

FATS LIMBAUGH CAUGHT LYING AGAIN
    (h/t HuffPo)

Fats has repeatedly claimed that the boycott of his show’s adverstisers had little or no effect yet the president of Cumulus contradicts Fats:

Cumulus Lost Millions on Rush Limbaugh Boycott
    5-7-2012

It’s the first time anyone actually gave a dollar amount regarding the Rush Limbaugh Sandra Fluke incident. Monday evening Cumulus CEO Lew Dickey said the advertiser boycott cost his company “a couple million” dollars in ad revenue in the first quarter and “a couple million” in the second quarter. He said things look like they will be back to normal in June. Cumulus carries Rush Limbaugh 38 markets and blames 1% of the 3.5% drop in revenue for the quarter on the Rush boycott. Dickey said Cumulus was “hit pretty hard by this.”

Posted by Steve J. at 9:50 PM

10. Ragspierre says:

Dream on, you poor, crazed moonbat!

Gawd, it is fun to see this level of madness caused by one powerless guy who thinks.

Heh!

How’s that Collectivist effort to silence him workin’ for ya’…????

btw, how’s that

• Harry White says:

Why are geezers like you so angry? There is treatment for erectile dysfunction you know.

• Ragspierre says:

You are lying again, moronic Collectivist.

I am not angry in the least, and you would know MUCH more about ED than do I.

I am a happy warrior!

I LOVE punking you.

• Steve J. says:

How’s that Collectivist effort to silence him workin’ for ya’…????

Pretty good – dozens of advertisers have dropped Fats’ show.

• Ragspierre says:

And, at worst, you dented revenues…not profits…

by a whole 1% of the 3.5%.

Wow. You morons are powerful…

11. [...] http://riehlworldview.com/2012/12/quoting-conor-with-one-n-friedersdorf-quoting-rush-limbaugh-is-the… Share this:TwitterFacebookLike this:LikeBe the first to like this. This entry was posted in journalistic bias. Bookmark the permalink. ← Abortion Activists Attack Dry-Cleaner’s Pro-Life Message FIRE: New Report: Three-Fifths of Colleges Seriously Restrict Free Speech on Campus → [...]