Taliban ‘could govern parts of Afghanistan’ under new peace deal
Well, isn’t that special?
The Taliban could take over government of parts of Afghanistan’s south and east, with insurgents being drafted into the cabinet, according to a new peace plan that emerged on the eve of talks in Turkey.
The blueprint, obtained by the McClatchy news agency and confirmed by a source close to the talks, would also see Islamabad take over Washington’s role in co-ordinating talks between insurgents and the government in Kabul.
We can fire off all the missiles we want via drones, what good is it if we’re handing over the government to Islamists? We will be paying for this administration’s foreign policy in blood for decades – via Taliban ‘could govern parts of Afghanistan’ – Telegraph.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch