Why Isn’t Maine Assistant District Attorney Mary Kellett In The News?
Hmm. Via Panel Recommends that Maine Prosecutor be Suspended. When I saw this pop up on Memeorandum, I figured I could put her name into Google News and read more about the case. Not so much. I guess it doesn’t fit the narrative.
Following a two-day disciplinary hearing in October, a panel of three attorneys found that Kellett violated Maine Bar Rules by failing to make timely disclosure of the existence of evidence, suppressing evidence, trying to mislead a jury, failing to employ reasonable skill and care, engaging in conduct prejudicial to the administration of justice and engaging in conduct unworthy of an attorney.
Kellett’s counsel, Ronald Lupton of the Maine Attorney Generals Office, says this is the first time hes aware of a Maine prosecutor being recommended for suspension. Lupton declined to comment on the matter further, saying his office had just been made aware of the Board of Bar Overseers findings.
The action against Kellett stems from the 2009 trial of a former Gouldsboro man acquitted of the rape of his wife. Vladek Filler claimed that Kellett broke a series of bar rules when she prosecuted him. He maintained that his wife fabricated the rape charge in order to try to win custody of their two boys. In the Board of Bar Overseers report on the case, the panel acknowledges that Kellett has no prior disciplinary record, that she is an experienced prosecutor and that she had a heavy caseload at the time of the alleged rape.
The panel also noted that Kellett’s own expert testified during her hearing that she appeared “stubborn” and as if she were “bucking the court” during her testimony. The three attorneys found that Kellett’s then-supervisor failed to comply with Maine Bar Rules by sanctioning Kellett’s conduct and by disregarding ethical concerns raised by another attorney about her behavior.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch