Left all freaked out, smearing GOP over New Mexico abortion non-bill
Via Memeorandum I see much of the left is busy smearing the GOP over what amounts to a New Mexico non-bill “New Mexico Bill Would Criminalize Abortions After Rape As ‘Tampering With Evidence’” - issued by a female legislator btw. But it’s much ado about nothing if one bothers to do the slightest bit of research: Carlsbads Cathrynn Brown under fire for bill on abortion by rape victims – Carlsbad Current-Argus.
Her proposal, House Bill 206, says: “Tampering with evidence shall include procuring or facilitating an abortion, or compelling or coercing another to obtain an abortion, of a fetus that is the result of criminal sexual penetration or incest with the intent to destroy evidence of the crime.”Rep. Nate Gentry, R-Albuquerque, said Browns intent was to focus on a perpetrator, such as a stepfather who raped a teen, impregnated her and then demanded that she get an abortion.
Brown did not want to put any onus on a rape victim, Gentry said.An attorney, Brown said her practice is to edit a bill carefully before releasing it. This time, a drafting error occurred and she was not diligent enough so it got through, she said.”Shes horrified,” Gentry said.
Brown, beginning her second term in the House of Representatives, said she had never been through a storm like this one. Her bill created a flurry of criticism, in the Capitol and on the Internet. Groups in New Mexico and elsewhere denounced her bill as a second assault on rape victims.
Brown, R-Carlsbad, said her bill was badly drafted and that she did not catch the language problems when reviewing it. “I missed this one,” she said Thursday.
But the mis-reporting fits the left’s narrative, so why bother worrying about the facts. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the MSM pick up the non-story either.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch