Leading vs Following and The Buckley Rule
Thoughts on the Buckley Rule via NRO – link below. For all the back and forth, this really is about leading versus following. For the most part, the GOP is all too happy to follow the media and every other institution toward the Left. It wants to be popular and, consequently, powerful more than anything else.
Conservatives want more. They want to protect and defend ideals. Sure, it can be more complex than that – but that is the dynamic at the heart of all this current fighting across the Right.
Buckley Rule — According to Bill, not Karl
What supporting “the rightwardmost viable candidate” meant in WFB’s lexicon.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch