Pa. Finally Cuts Unemployment Benefits For County Prisoners
Winning. Funny what hard times can produce!
Pro tip for legislators looking for places to tighten budgetary belts: Stop sending unemployment benefits to prisoners.
This was a problem for the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania until just recently. The PA Independent reports:
Using an existing data system called the Pennsylvania Justice Network, the state can cross-match inmate data with unemployment records to identify unemployment beneficiaries in county prisons and stop payments.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch