TVA nuclear security officer exchanged gunfire with individual outside the Watts Bar nuclear plant
Following up on this item from Jim Hoft at Gateway Pundit just spotted on Twitter.
Shots were fired at the Watts Bar Nuclear Plant last night.
The FBI is investigating.
It’s not clear that it was an “attack,” per se – but a security officer did exchange gunfire with an individual close enough to the facility to cause concern.
More at timesfreepress.com.
A TVA security officer patrolling on TVA property near the Tennessee River at Watts Bar Nuclear plant exchanged gunfire with individual early Sunday morning, according to regulators with the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
TVA says there was no threat to public safety, but the agency declared an “unusual event” to the NRC spokesman Roger Hannah. An unusual event is the lowest of the NRC’s four emergency classifications.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch