You say Tsarnaev and I say Tsarnaef and Homeland Security goes to Hell?? Oh, come on!
In case this government hasn’t noticed, your average terrorist tends to have a name other than Smith, or Jones. A Chechnyan here, an Afghan there, here a Saudi, there a Syrian … well, you get my drift.
If this is the level of sophistication of the systems they have in place to keep us safe, it’s not a question of if, but when we get hit, again.
Frankly, we dodged a proverbial bullet in Boston as the brothers Tsarnaev aren’t only slobs, all in all, they’re a little low on the intelligence and ambition scores, as well. Thank God for small wonders. It wasn’t the FBI, or DHS that did much positive here. We just got lucky folks. I’ll take it. But it’s not enough to pin our safety and national security on, not by a long-shot.
Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Monday that the FBI did not know that Tamerlan Tsarnaev — the deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect — went on a six-month overseas trip in 2011 because his name was misspelled.
“He went over to Russia, but apparently when he got on the airplane, they misspelled his name, so it never went into the system that he actually went to Russia,” Graham said on Fox News, saying he spoke to an assistant director of the FBI.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch