You say Tsarnaev and I say Tsarnaef and Homeland Security goes to Hell?? Oh, come on!

April 22, 2013

31kXAXPy0bL._SL500_AA300_I have no idea what any alleged misspelling may have been and I don’t see it noted in the article. My headline is purely an example. But seriously? This is still incompetence of the first order.

In case this government hasn’t noticed, your average terrorist tends to have a name other than Smith, or Jones. A Chechnyan here, an Afghan there, here a Saudi, there a Syrian … well, you get my drift.

If this is the level of sophistication of the systems they have in place to keep us safe, it’s not a question of if, but when we get hit, again.

Frankly, we dodged a proverbial bullet in Boston as the brothers Tsarnaev aren’t only slobs, all in all, they’re a little low on the intelligence and ambition scores, as well. Thank God for small wonders. It wasn’t the FBI, or DHS that did much positive here. We just got lucky folks. I’ll take it. But it’s not enough to pin our safety and national security on, not by a long-shot.

Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-S.C.) said Monday that the FBI did not know that Tamerlan Tsarnaev — the deceased Boston Marathon bombing suspect — went on a six-month overseas trip in 2011 because his name was misspelled.

“He went over to Russia, but apparently when he got on the airplane, they misspelled his name, so it never went into the system that he actually went to Russia,” Graham said on Fox News, saying he spoke to an assistant director of the FBI.

via Lindsey Graham: Wrong name hid Russia trip – Kevin Cirilli – POLITICO.com.

Comments:
  1. JPM0123 says:

In response to Mr. Levin’s question, Valerie Jarrett runs the executive branch. I thought everyone knew that.

2. william aurilio says:

So, tell me, under what name was the flight booked? And, wouldn’t that have provided some sort of confirmation? Or, don’t they bother to match the booking with the boarding? I’m confused. However, it appears that I am not alone.

3. Pitchfork Patriots says:

If you believe the “Typo” excuse – I have a Bridge I want to sell cheap …. really cheap too!

Lets analyze the Document. Heck, the Administration forged a Birth Certificate – they can certainly for a “letter” on a Document.

I would trust these Gangsters for a second

4. Rob says:

Here’s a new question. After 911, a lot of our freedoms and liberties were taken away due to the patriot act,homeland security and congress. So who screwed the pooch? Are we not shelling out the taxes for this crap? What branch,or organization needs to be eliminated? Because obviously this shite ain’t working.

5. Todd says:

How did he get through security with a mis-spelled name. People have been turned around at security for less. He would also have to go through customs where they look at your travel documents. This is a huge *FAIL*.

6. Paula says:

I know when I book an airline ticket for domestic travel the name on my ticket has to match my ID exactly. Can’t imagine the alleged scrutiny for int’l travel. Sheesh!!

7. Sun Desy says:

Would you let an affirmative action doctor perform brain surgery on you? But we let affirmative action president run what is still the best country in the world. Hope and prey that the country can survive 3.5 years.

8. Since 1980, it’s been the New World Order. aka: Cuba, Colombia, Mexico, & supporters. #ReaganInCastroUp #AdamWalsh #WhiteGenocide. @PoliticalLeaders: “Be careful what you wish for politicians, you might just get it.” And, then some. #PablosGame

9. aprilnovember811 says:

Why is a member of Saudi Security dressed and appearing to be a part of the National Guard Weapons of Mass Destruction Civil Support Team (CST) at the Boston Marathon?

Here is a photo of his bodyguard with another man at the Boston Marathon.

10. Slim Fellows says:

They’ll frisk Grandma but won’t take the time to verify the spelling of a name?A name like that? This whole affair stinks, how many slap your forhead moments can we endure without reacting?

11. E4 says:

Having had some experience in this field I believe I can shed some light on it. Unfortunately the SOPs of the multiple agencies are not always the same in regards to transliteration and only recently has a standard been truly adapted, however it seems to change every couple years. Transliteration being how we turn non-latin languages into english, being the case with Arabic names, Arabic being very similar to Chechnian. With the DHS being DHS and all foreign collection being DoS it’s very likely the standard was different. I have personally seen it change during an operation for example Akmed changed to Ahmed. Honestly, millions of people are being watched and if you are going to blame it on some of the hardest working professionals who are so scarcely staffed that’s pretty harsh. Furthermore, last time I checked Airplane manifestos were not made by intelligence professionals so I don’t even know how you can put that on them.