5 killed after church van flips in southern Illinois
No bad weather was reported in the area at the time of the crash, according to the sheriff’s office.
Several people were taken to the hospital, some by medical helicopter, The Leader-Union in Vandalia reported on its web site.
Four of the injured were taken to Fayette County Hospital in Vandalia and were in fair condition, a spokeswoman told The Associated Press. Two were taken to Greenville Regional Hospital in Greenville, Illinois, but their conditions were not immediately available.
Eastbound I-70 was closed to traffic because of the rollover, NBC station KSDK in St. Louis reported.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch