Food Stamp program up from 35 to $80 billion on Obama’s Watch

May 19, 2013

And  BTW haven’t these EBT Cards been in the news recently, too? Oh, yeah, that’s right. They’re what terrorists like Tamerlan Tsarnaev use to buy bags of Frito Lay when they aren’t blowing chit up, or anything!

EBT cards

Nearly 47 million people – one in seven Americans – rely on food stamps for some or all of their daily sustenance, according to the Department of Agriculture, a number that has grown nearly 70 percent since the financial collapse of 2008.

The increased enrollment has caused costs to soar from $35 billion in 2007 to $80 billion last year, and now lawmakers in both the House and the Senate are targeting program for cuts even as advocates cry foul.

One in seven Americans on Food Stamps, costing billions of tax dollars  – in one of he richest nations in the world. That’s unconscionable. Obama needs to back off all the unnecessary regulation and let the American people go.

Comments:
  1. Ragspierre says:

I wonder if in MassiveTwoSpits you can buy fireworks with EBT cards…???

You know, like the Boston terrorists used the guts of for their bombs (apparently).

2. Bonnie Moyers says:

I have worked as a single parent of one son, since I had him. Never did I ask for a welfare handout! I work at Walmart supercenter and have to cashier from time to time and I get SO outraged when 2 able bodied people have on their fs card more than I make in one bi -weekly paycheck!!! Oh so many times I wanna say to them, YOU’RE WELCOME FOR ME SLAVING TO PAY FOR YOUR GROCERIES!!! THANK YOU MR. OBAMA!!!

• Ragspierre says:

Bless you, Ms. Moyers, for your integrity.

I hope one day your son will be the kind of man who vindicates the example you’ve set for him. I stress the term “man”, as opposed to sexually mature male children who are too common in our society.

3. Dave says:

I worked at a fresh steamed maryland blue crab grocer. It’s high end, high cost crabs. These low lives would come in and get out of their cadillac escalades with rims and bring their 3 little kids in and use EBT cards. I would never ring their orders up. The owner knew my disdain for this, and I would never ring them up. It resulted in arguments with customers. I told the one woman flat out to “go buy some real groceries.” Friggin BS. I drove a beat up car, and worked 2 jobs, and these friggin leeches on society would come in and live high on the hog. There is no regulation on EBT and it’s friggin BS that our government doesn’t regulate this. I’ve had it with these lazy good for nothing $#%@!

4. Molly Minton says:

True! So true! As a direct result of the healthcare law, my husband was laid off 6 months ago. So far, NO JOB. We would rather be tax payers, not takers. But hiring freezes are everywhere and we slip closer to poverty.

5. Molly Minton says:

Our daughter looked for a year and finally found a great job: in Australia. Please, if anyone has any jobs available in supply chain or contracts mgmt. let us know. My husband is incredible, hard working and with two kids still at home, he has incentive to work hard & the ethics to go so. He has never been unemployed as an adult. Unless hired soon, we’ll be on stamps too. :-(( mintonmolly@gmail.com if anyone has a job in AL, FL, GA or ANYWHERE really! We don’t want WELFARE.

• Dave says:

Welfare is there for those that need it. If you need it. Take it. I have no problem helping out my fellow citizen. I have a problem with these mf’ers who think this is a free ride.

• Ragspierre says:

Texas or South Dakota. LOTS of opportunities for logistics and supply people.

6. [...] (Riehl World News) – And BTW haven’t these EBT Cards been in the news recently, too? Oh, yeah, that’s right. They’re what terrorists like Tamerlan Tsarnaev use to buy bags of Frito Lay when they aren’t blowing chit up, or anything! [...]

7. Molly Minton says:

Dave, we appreciate the sentiment & feel the same but still prefer having JOBS. :))

8. yamadori says:

Im puzzled as to why food stamps are increasing in number because the economy was so bad under Bush and Obama has added so many jobs and were doing so much better now. This has to be a Republican lie. Im sure obummer said were much better now. You must all be confused

9. William Mullinax says:

Cut out foreign aid. That will save billions. Simplistic, but true.

10. Chris says:

They need to regulate it just like WIC. WIC you can only buy groceries in the grocery store and you can only buy certain items. For all those that are able to work, you should only be allowed to use it for a certain length of time and you should need to show proof you have been looking for a job. I like signatures from employers afer an interview takes place. Need to figure out how to control forgery though with this option. Maybe control it through an unemployment office.