Lil’ Ol’ Me On Michele Bachmann At … NPR
No, I didn’t write the NPR item – they aren’t that crazy! lol But I was glad that Liz Halloran reached out to me yesterday for my thoughts on Michele Bachmann. Frankly, I was beyond disappointed at some of those dumping on her.
Say what you want, she was a fighter in the trenches when there weren’t that many of us. I’m glad to see Liz included a fair number of my comments, along with those of others. All in all, a good piece, as usual from Liz Halloran.
Bachmann’s Legacy: A Trailblazer, For Better And For Worse
“She was definitely a presence,” says conservative blogger Dan Riehl, who added that he chose to “ignore most of the calamity, the gaffes” that have punctuated her political career.
“She was a voice against the Republican establishment, a thorn in its side,” he says. “In certain ways, she was an iconic figure — effective just because she was there … She was kicking on the door early and was isolated. You have some people benefiting from the heat she took.”
“Say what you want, but she was a woman making her way into an all-boys club, and because she was on the right, she didn’t have women’s groups rallying around her,” Riehl says. “She was there on her own.”
Read the rest via Bachmanns Legacy: A Trailblazer, For Better And For Worse
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch