Mike Lupica on “Mean, dumb, angry” Sarah Palin and the NRA’s “Mouth-breathing Phony Patriots”
I confess I’ve never paid much attention to Mike Lupica – for no particular reason, really. Now I see I’ve always had a reason had I needed, or wanted one. He repeats the words “mean angry, dumb” and “mouth-breathing” so often in this relatively short column, it leaves you wondering how he doesn’t realize it actually describes him – and rather perfectly, at that. h/t Deadspin for the graphic, which seems to think it may be his being height challenged that’s his real problem.
(Sarah) Palin, who showed up with a T-shirt that read ‘Women Hunt,’ certainly appealed to the mean, dumb, angry crowd she found in Houston.
Sarah Palin showed up at the NRA convention the other day, which was merely perfect. She belonged there as much as anybody in the hall just because from the start, from the time John McCain picked her out of the chorus, Palin has most appealed to mean, dumb, angry crowds exactly like the one she found in Houston.
Palin should have worn a prom dress, but on this occasion wore a T-shirt that read “Women Hunt.” In her case, that means hunting for attention. Or relevance.
These are contemptible people. And if you are Sarah Palin — a woman hunting attention — and you sign on with them to hear the roar of another crowd, you are no better than they are.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch