Ready to Rumble? ‘Star Trek’ versus ‘Star Wars’
So on and so heated, I’ll just sit this one out in a real world far, far away … or something like that.
When it comes to these franchises, most people believe that they are the same. However, they are nothing alike. Star Trek is considered a space western, but it really is not. This franchise is more like a futuristic ‘Age of Discovery’. The Enterprise spaceship can be compared to Christopher Columbus’ fleet of ships venturing into the “New World”. In this case the “New World” is a planet. Star Trek is a voyage and a more optimistic story than Star Wars.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch