Retired Cop Richard DeCoatsworth Honored by Obama, sat with FLOTUS – Arrested For Raping 2 Women
As a rookie cop, he performed a deed which earned him an invitation to attend President Obama’s first congressional address, and sat next to the First Lady Michelle Obama during the president’s address. After being shot in the face by a suspect, he managed to chase him down for several blocks before collapsing. However, DeCoatsworth called in enough information by radio that police were able to track down and arrest the suspect later the same day.
See, it all went wrong from there.
However, since 2009, various incidents demonstrated a slide in DeCoatsworth’s behavior as a cop. For instance, in 2009, local witnesses said that DeCoatsworth acted recklessly, along with another cop when bystanders said that a suspect they were tailing did nothing wrong, which ended when he and another fired while children were nearby.
In November, 2011, Internal Affairs investigated an alleged scuffle between him and another officer. DeCoatsworth also reportedly amassed nine citizen complaint, accusing him of assault, abuse and misconduct, before retiring from the police force on disability in December, 2011.
In February, 2012, an arrest warrant was issued for DeCoatsworth after he allegedly threatened a woman in Port Richmond, NBC10 Philadelphia also reported.
via Home : Lawyer Herald.
More via Fox:
A former Philadelphia police officer once hailed as a hero and given a seat next to the first lady at a speech by President Obama has been arrested and charged with rape and other crimes.
Authorities allege that former officer Richard DeCoatsworth left a party with two females early Thursday and took them to another location, where they allege he produced a handgun and forced them to use narcotics and engage in sexual acts.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch