Freedom Works Piles On McConnell
When one of Mitch McConnell’s boys at the NRSC picked a fight with the conservative base, I said at the time it could be the beginning of the end for McConnell: Did the NRSC’s Josh Holmes Just Cost Mitch McConnell His Primary? Instead of starting a debate he may well have won, he initiated a political war he simply didn’t need, while talking down to the GOP base.
That – and then a conference call – invoked the wrath of activists from Tea Party Patriots and Tea Party Express. Now, Freedom Works is calling out McConnell by name in a messaging campaign. Given McConnell’s dismal numbers in Kentucky, these are fights he doesn’t need and can’t afford. His young guns sure do have a knack for shooting themselves in the foot and their boss in the back.
Mitch McConnell said he wants to punch Senate Conservatives Fund in the nose. And remember when Orrin Hatch said he wanted to punch FreedomWorks in the mouth?
Big Government Republicans like Mitch McConnell need to spend less time attacking conservatives and more time attacking Obama’s Progressive agenda.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch