GOP Establishment’s War on Senator Ted Cruz Continues
This below by Peter Wehner is completely unnecessary nonsense driven by nothing more than a willingness to undermine the more genuinely conservative wing of the Republican Party. Mitch McConnell was and has been guilty of the very same thing. There’s no reason for a republican in good faith to even be highlighting this, now.
I remember the government shutdown and subsequent time frame. No matter what one thinks of the strategy – I wasn’t it’s biggest fan – it ended just as the Obamacare website got up and running, with all of its faults and problems. The topic shifted and only Democrats and establishment GOP hacks like McConnell, with an ax to grind against conservatives, wanted – and apparently still want – to keep it in the news. It’s over. Get over it!
There are only two factions interested in still dwelling on this – the Left and establishment Republicans who hope to damage conservatives. Yet, those very same GOP hacks will forgive every establishment misstep and tell us, we need to put this, or that behind us, come together and move on.
What they mean is, they are only interested in doing that on their terms with their own weak crony-capitalist GOP hacks willing to throw principle under the bus for political expedience on the path to K Street. To Hell with them and this not unexpected nonsense from Peter Wehner.
Now why oh why would Senator Cruz want to stop talking about the government shutdown? After all, before it occurred he insisted it wouldn’t be such a bad thing–and since it’s occurred he’s claimed it was a wonderful success. “I think we accomplished a great deal,” according to Cruz.
More RiehlWorldView News
- Several Influential Conservatives Favor Comcast Merger
- Why Did Dylan Byers Discreetly Change His Mike Rogers Cumulus Story?
- Cue the Outrage Mongers: AmSpec – Michelle Malkin Is Wrong
- Why Romney’s Attack On Obama Is Misguided
- Dateline 4/11/2007: Why Chris Hayes was “quietly crying” into his sweater
- Ukraine Calls Up 40,000 Reservists
- US Navy SEALs Take Oil Tanker From Libyan Rebels
- PA Teacher Emily Nesbit, 31, ‘performed sex act on student, 18, in classroom, ‘sent partially nude photos’
- AFP: Ukraine reports Russian ‘invasion’ on eve of Crimea ‘breakaway’ vote
- Iowa Dad Stan Syring, 37 Busted For Craigslist Offer to Suck the Chrome Off A Trailer Hitch